NOD32 and Rosetta Stone folders

Boris

Why NOD32 AV need so much time for scanning Rosetta Stone folders? Once in a week i set scheduler to scan complete system (in-depth scan), but he need approximately 8 hours, for scanning approx 2735189 files. When start to scan Rosetta files it takes too long.

If I put full system scan (smart scan) I get similar results in time with less files.

Please check the photos.

post-170-0-58908000-1389613753_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-25217700-1389613754_thumb.jpg

Best Regards.

Dear Marcos,

Please check this

hxxp://support.rosettastone.com/en-US/articles/How-do-I-allow-Rosetta-Stone-through-ESET-NOD32-6-ESET-Smart-Security-s-Anti-Virus

I have problems when NOD32 scanning files in folder Program Data - Rosetta Stone - Content and Program Data - Rosetta Stone - TotalE - Content. These folders have approx 5.5GB size on my SSD.

post-170-0-76683300-1389623110_thumb.jpg

Best Regards.

Rosetta Stone support only shows how to exclude the services from Real-time protection scanning.

i would suggest leaving them out of on demand or scheduled scans as well.

Dear Arakasi,

I also think like you, but why you give me this suggestion? Is it safe to put of scanning of these files?

Can you give me some short manual how to exclude these files, folders on scheduled scan?

Best Regards. 

I would not put them off completely.

Maybe just reduce the frequency at which they are scanned from your current scheduled scans or on-demand scans.

Attached i have also shown i have left out the Nvidia folder from the on-demand scan i am about to perform.

If your scanning with Smart Optimization, i would imagine they would be skipped on future scans if they are static files for the software.

Clicking the Save button in the lower left will save that nvidia left out until you say otherwise using your scan profile.

post-1101-0-02501100-1389629023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

Would it be possible to upload 3-4 of the files to a file sharing service or ftp server and pm me the download link so that I can check them out?