Checking on A Possible False Positive

ram1220

I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite the other day. ESET flagged the uninstaller as a trojan. I submitted the file to ESET but never heard anything back. Is there a way I can get a response from ESET so I know if the file is ok to keep on my computer? Right now ESET has it quarantined. I submitted the file through the ESET Antivirus tool. Is there another channel that I should have followed to get a response?

• Administrators

Not surprisingly detected as a PUA:

..\Local\Temp\DTInstallerResources\Fusion.dll;a variant of Win32/FusionCore.AC potentially unwanted application

image.png

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, ram1220 said:

I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite the other day. ESET flagged the uninstaller as a trojan. I submitted the file to ESET but never heard anything back. Is there a way I can get a response from ESET so I know if the file is ok to keep on my computer? Right now ESET has it quarantined. I submitted the file through the ESET Antivirus tool. Is there another channel that I should have followed to get a response?

These days operating systems can do the job of mounting the Images , so the need of Daemon-Tools isn't that much needed , it was in the XP days , But as Marcos said it has a malware included with it , Daemon-Tools isn't like before where it was good, not these days.

Find something else that works like daemon-tools.

Edited by Rami

Thanks for the responses. The only reason I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite is because I could not get Windows 10 to mount a virtual drive at all. Just wouldn't work. I'll try something else then.

Edited by ram1220

• Most Valued Members
21 hours ago, ram1220 said:

Thanks for the responses. The only reason I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite is because I could not get Windows 10 to mount a virtual drive at all. Just wouldn't work. I'll try something else then.

Do you get an error message while trying to mount an image in Windows 10?