Server and clients gone from ERA

Ive had a site set up for over a year with ERA 5.3 (didnt like 6*) running on 2012 r2 with no issues, about 40 clients connected. Did a push installation yesterday and everything was fine. Log in today and server is missing from the servers pane, so obviously no clients listed. License is now reporting all seats available. Anything I can restore from yesterdays backups to fix this easily?

Hi bbahes,

Use all servers is selected. In connection editing, it says I'm connected to the localhost:2223 SGPS, which is the correct server.

Clients are stil licensed and are still getting updates from the server.  Is there a database, or config file that I can restore from a previous backup?

• ESET Staff

@LeeWirral Yes, we do monitor those forums regularly. As I do not have any excessive knowledge of ERA V5, I can´t advice. Maybe @Marcos would be able to, but I would suggest to contact ESET UK, and raise a standard ticket as that´s the proper way to seek help, in case something goes wrong (if it´s not something, that could be resolved by the help of the community). Support should be able to help you.

If I may ask, you mentioned that you did not like the V6. What were the primary reasons? We have recently released ESET Cloud Administrator, which means you do not need to care about the server anymore, and just let the devices connect to the cloud service. It might be a solution worth trying, as by using V5 you are limited to use only V5 clients, which are as of now almost 4 years old, and do not include all of the new features, that are able to better protect against the newest variants of malware.