Computer very slow / frozen

eset32

Hello,

I just renew my eset antivirus and computer is very slow.

The same problem : https://forum.eset.com/topic/14108-computer-very-slow-frozen/

My ProgressMonitor file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17do_ZHuEqKgaKd2HxgfXbjm1WRY3jJAw/view

Can you help me?

ProcessMonitor.zip

• Administrators

I didn't find any issues. CPU utilization by ekrn is mostly < 1% CPU all the time:

image.png

Does temporarily pausing protection or uninstalling ESET make a difference?

• Most Valued Members
12 minutes ago, eset32 said:

When I use laptop in Safe mode (Antivirus is off) all is Ok.

But when the PC is in safe mode , lot of other things will not run among the Anti-Virus , being in the Windows in normal mode , having the AV not enabled (Realtime disabled) does it help ?

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, eset32 said:

Here is ProcessMonitor without Antivirus.

ProcessMonitor without AV.zip

Unfortunately I can't download Attachments I have no permissions , if you post screenshots I could take a look and see if I can do any help.

• Most Valued Members
19 minutes ago, eset32 said:

Sorry, but Ican't understand what Screenshot You need.

I want to take a look at the Process Monitor what it does output with ESET ON and OFF , I don't have permissions in the forum to download Attachments.

• Administrators

Please provide me with logs gathered with ELC. Obviously a process has crashed while a Procmon log with protection enabled was being generated. However, the very first Procmon log you provided didn't contain any records of a crash.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, Marcos said:

Please provide me with logs gathered with ESET Log Collector. Obviously a process has crashed while a Procmon log with protection enabled was being generated. However, the very first Procmon log you provided didn't contain any records of a crash.

I upload eav_logs.

Thank you in advance.

eav_logs.zip

• Administrators

Appears to be a faulty disk / controller. Run chkdsk to fix disk errors. Consider replacing the HDD.

"Entry" = "taskhost (1028) WebCacheLocal: Corruption was detected during soft recovery in logfile C:\Users\F......i\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log. The failing checksum record is located at position END. Data not matching the log-file fill pattern first appeared in sector 401 (0x00000191). This logfile has been damaged and is unusable." 07/10/2018 06:06:33 ;

"Entry" = "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
discache
eamonm
ehdrv
spldr
Wanarpv6" 07/10/2018 10:31:14 ;

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2." EXTRA="07/10/2018 09:13:23"
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2." EXTRA="07/10/2018 09:13:21"
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2." EXTRA="07/10/2018 09:13:20"
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2." EXTRA="07/10/2018 09:13:18"

There are two more commands that you can run to see if there is any system file corruption:

sfc /scannow

and after that

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

8 hours ago, eset32 said:

How to check controller

The best way to check a hard drive for problems is to download the manufacturer's utility program coded specifically for this type of diagnosis.

Here is a link to an article that lists many of the hard drive manufacturer utilities along with some like third party software: https://www.lifewire.com/free-hard-drive-testing-programs-2626183 . Also note that the manufacturers usually have different utilities for testing of HDD and SDD drives. Finally, you should always use the specific manufacturer's utility to test with. Although many of these state they can be used with other manufacturer's drives, the results can be less that accurate and the testing limited in scope.

Edited by itman

7 hours ago, Daedalus said:

There are two more commands that you can run to see if there is any system file corruption:

sfc /scannow

and after that

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

sfc.png

Yes. It's my mistake.

Here is the log:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.23471
2018-10-13 19:56

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 825
 No errors detected

dism.png

Check your Windows Event log - Errors section. Also check the Warnings section if nothing is shown in the Errors section.

Look for any entries related to hard drive errors. These usually show with text along the lines of IDE or SATA controller errors. What would be of interest are events logged recently. What @Marcos posted are errors that date back to July of this year.

Edited by itman

events 1.png

events 2.png

Check your Windows Event log - Errors section. Also check the Warnings section if nothing is shown in the Errors section.

Look for any entries related to hard drive errors. These usually show with text along the lines of IDE or SATA controller errors. What would be of interest are events logged recently. What @Marcos posted are errors that date back to July of this year.

It is a october date - European write first date and second month. - 7/10/2018 = 7. October . 2018

Edited by eset32

The log events you posted have nothing to do with hard drive errors.

I advise you run the hard drive diagnostic utility provide by drive manufacturer as I previously posted here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/17122-computer-very-slow-frozen/?do=findComment&comment=84862 to 100% rule out any hard drive issues. Most of these can be run from Windows without having to created bootable media. Just note that many of these utilities have options to reinitialize/reformat the drive which is definitely something you do not want to do. 

Edited by itman