"unable to open" on all files during Smart Scan

I run my first smart scan of Nod32 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. As far as I can tell with the 1 million + files in the log, all of them could not be opened by NOD32, giving an "unable to open" error. What could be wrong with it? Do I need to change permissions, and if so, how?

Running version 4.0.90.0, Virus sig db 18180.

Thanks,

Pieter

Hello Pieter. Are the "unable to open" files listed as "system volume information" and they appear in a yellow/amber color?

If so,  it's OK...take a look at this KB https://support.eset.com/kb2155/

Or is it something entirely different? If so, a screen shot would help.

Best regards.

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• Most Valued Members
17 hours ago, wokkiedokkie said:

I run my first smart scan of Nod32 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. As far as I can tell with the 1 million + files in the log, all of them could not be opened by NOD32, giving an "unable to open" error. What could be wrong with it? Do I need to change permissions, and if so, how?

Running version 4.0.90.0, Virus sig db 18180.

Thanks,

Pieter

I have the same thing with my Nod32 , a lot of unable to open reports , but I can understand that because  the scan is not running as Administrator as far as I know , and AppArmor if working properly , should block Nod32 from accessing system files , in order to isolate the system , this is what AppArmor's job.

Nod32 is not configured to work with AppArmor , it's not supported , I wish it would support , so less problems would be.

• Most Valued Members

So let's say a virus/malware hides itself somewhere near the AppArmor I think it will be troublesome for ESET v4 to scan it because the virus is protecting itself from being scanned through AppArmor , even though that AppArmor will also prevent the malware from touching the system like it does for ESET , but isn't that an option? , if ESET v4 cannot open most of the files in Ubuntu due to AppArmor then it's failing to do it's job , right?