Malicious Emails from Collegue

Nickhopper

Why am I

getting malicious e-mails from a colleague in the office with an apparent attached invoice in .doc format?  they are not being picked up by the Eset mail protection.  Can I stop them in any way?

Nick

Edited by Nickhopper

• Administrators

Please submit the suspicious attachment (ideally the whole email in the eml or msg format) to samples@eset.com in an archive protected with the password "infected". If it's a new macro malware, using ESET Dynamic Threat Defense would likely improve the response and you'd get it detected quicker without waiting for the next engine module update.

• Most Valued Members
On 10/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, Nickhopper said:

Why am I

getting malicious e-mails from a colleague in the office with an apparent attached invoice in .doc format?  they are not being picked up by the Eset mail protection.  Can I stop them in any way?

Nick

How did you know that these doc files are infected? , what made you think that they are infected?

• 3 weeks later...

So with help of Google, I managed to write 22 lines of code that sends an email with the username and password that were entered on my fake website. After that, it sends the user that visited the fake website to the real Dropbox site. And if there was still a Dropbox cookie on your computer, you are logged in on Dropbox, so you won’t notice anything.

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, nadhim said:

So with help of Google, I managed to write 22 lines of code that sends an email with the username and password that were entered on my fake website. After that, it sends the user that visited the fake website to the real Dropbox site. And if there was still a Dropbox cookie on your computer, you are logged in on Dropbox, so you won’t notice anything.

So what you have done is a Phishing site to steal information about Dropbox on your fake website.

What are you trying to report or tell?

It's also off-topic what you have just posted , you should have made a new topic about this, because the topic is about Malicious files in email.

Edited by Rami

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, Marcos said:

Please submit the suspicious attachment (ideally the whole email in the eml or msg format) to samples@eset.com in an archive protected with the password "infected". If it's a new macro malware, Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime using ESET Dynamic Threat Defense would likely improve the response and you'd get it detected quicker without waiting for the next engine module update.

the user that visited the fake website to the real Dropbox site. And if there was still a Dropbox cookie on your computer, you are logged in on Dropbox, so you won’t notice anything

Edited by ISHOULI