HP laptop, google Chrome, eset and banking app crashing

Hello,

I am using an HP laptop (windows 10) in combination with eset NOD32 antivirus and I am trying to access Santander and banking apps using google Chrome (69.0.3497.100) and just after i open the bank home page to log in, both apps quit without warning. 

I can't use firefox as it has problems with payment security, don't like Edge as there is no browse history so I'm a bit stuck. Does anybody have a workaround please? I have a feeling this may be an HP related issue (odd as it sounds)  as there are several small issues with the HP that I don't get on a Dell or Asus machine.   Is IE still usable /secure?

Thanks, Alan

• Most Valued Members

It might be because NOD32 is trying to scan and access Chrome and Chrome is preventing it so it's crashing in the end , you either exclude Chrome from ESET to make it work temporary till someone manages to do a fix for it , or you switch to Firefox but as you have said Firefox won't work , You have Opera as a choice , or Palemoon which is based on Firefox(old Firefox) but it's security updates are taken from Firefox itself.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Atlantic Tills said:

Is IE still usable /secure?

As far as use in Eset Banking and Payment Protection, the answer is yes. As far as for general browser use, it needs to be "hardened."