Detailed license report needed

I am trying to find a discrepancy in my license count and I do not see a license template which lists licenses used by computername. The 2 reports I see only give an overview. I am missing a license and need to know what computernames have licenses assigned to them.

How can this be accomplished?

• ESET Staff
33 minutes ago, Campbell IT said:

I am trying to find a discrepancy in my license count and I do not see a license template which lists licenses used by computername. The 2 reports I see only give an overview. I am missing a license and need to know what computernames have licenses assigned to them.

How can this be accomplished?

I would recommend to start with basic report template with table, containing following data fields:

image.png

Report will contain list of computers and licenses used by them. Be aware that the same device will be listed multiple times in case there are multiple managed products with license installed on them.

23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you check the licenses and seats in EBA?

No. I have the license installed on my server that were emailed to us.

Edited by Campbell IT
removed venting

• Administrators

If you have ESMC installed the best would be to add licenses by adding an EBA account to ESMC and add licenses to EBA (eba.eset.com). Some products, such as ESET Dynamic Threat Defense, won't work without that.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

If you have ESMC installed the best would be to add licenses by adding an EBA account to ESMC and add licenses to EBA (eba.eset.com). Some products, such as ESET Dynamic Threat Defense, won't work without that.

How will this impact my existing ERA 5.x server? I have to have both of them up during the migration as I cannot upgrade all computers to ESET 7 at the same time. I am doing them in batches.

• ESET Staff

In this case, it´s tricky. In case of older ERA V5, license was enforced by the server itself (in the way it refused to connect machines on top of licensed count).

So to really know how many licenses you are using, you should combine the output of the report from the ERA V6 + count of clients connected to ERA V5.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:56 PM, MichalJ said:

In this case, it´s tricky. In case of older ERA V5, license was enforced by the server itself (in the way it refused to connect machines on top of licensed count).

So to really know how many licenses you are using, you should combine the output of the report from the ERA V6 + count of clients connected to ERA V5.

Thanks, but what I meant by the question, "How will it impact my existing ERA 5.x server?" is will adding the licenses to the EBA prevent my 5.x server (and my offline clients laptops that almost never check into the ERA server) from being updated? I can't have my 5.x clients not update while I am upgrading to 7.x.

• Administrators

It won't affect the functionality of reporting to ERA or update - Endpoint v5 will continue to report to ERA v5 that was activated using a license key file issued for the total number of endpoints you have and won't be affected by adding licenses to EBA. Also Endpoint v5 will continue to download updates just fine.

Advanced licensing mechanisms are supported as of Endpoint v6 / ERA v6. ERA v5 uses only a license key file and does not connect to licensing / activation EDF servers.

I would also add that even Endpoint v5 can be managed by ESMC so you could abandon ERA v5 as soon as all clients with Endpoint v5 start reporting to ESMC. All you'd need to do is deploy the ESMC agent on clients with Endpoint v5 and the agent will handle the communication with ESMC then. As a recommendation, start with only a few machines and continue with the others only if there are no issues.