Windows 10 Redstone 5

Windows 10 Redstone 5 is not supported is ESET ready for the new Windows version? I have a lot of problems with the PC after updating to the new version of Windows

Edited by galaxy

• ESET Insiders
10 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Windows 10 Redstone 5 is not supported is ESET ready for the new Windows version? I have a lot of problems with the PC after updating to the new version of Windows

What kind of problems do you have? On my PC with RS5 Eset is working well.

Start function does not work, it does not respond, even the settings can not start, it takes a very long time until the system responds, I now have the 1803 back on it and the problems are gone

1 minute ago, galaxy said:

Start function does not work, it does not respond, even the settings can not start, it takes a very long time until the system responds, I now have the 1803 back on it and the problems are gone

How do you know that these issues are caused by ESET? I doubt ESET would control whether the Start function worked or not. 

I have these issues sometimes with 1803 and I have ESET running on about 140 machines all working fine.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

7 minutes ago, galaxy said:

1809 is the problem When I uninstall eset everything is good again

I think there is most likely something bigger at play here.

ESET wouldn't control anything to do with the Start Menu and Settings etc. 

Maybe you have some sort of setting that is clashing with ESET that @anton83 does not have, as he said his is working fine?

Can you specify what version of ESET you are using? And how many clients you are experiencing this with?

Regards,

Kieran Barry

Edited by Kieran Barry

22 minutes ago, SlashRose said:

The Internet Security Does not log in the Security Center in Windows 1809 !!!

FYI.

To view Security Providers in Windows Security, do the following.

1. Open Windows Security.
  2. On the left, click on the gear icon to open settings.
  3. On the right, click on the Manage providers link under Security providers.
  4. You will now see all available security providers.

https://winaero.com/blog/windows-10-view-security-providers-windows-security/

Edited by itman

FYI for anyone "chomping at the bit" to upgrade to Win 10 RS5:

Last week, there was a rumor that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update was going to be released on October 2, and surprisingly, here we are, and the rumor was true. Oddly enough though, Microsoft skipped over the last ring of the Windows Insider Program, meaning that quite a few people who signed up for Windows 10 testing, haven't actually tested it.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-skips-over-release-preview-and-drops-the-windows-10-october-2018-update

My strong advice is to hold off upgrading till "all the kinks are worked out" of it.

• ESET Insiders
33 minutes ago, itman said:

FYI for anyone "chomping at the bit" to upgrade to Win 10 RS5:

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-skips-over-release-preview-and-drops-the-windows-10-october-2018-update

My strong advice is to hold off upgrading till "all the kinks are worked out" of it.

My machine is updated normally and eset product working well on this version of Windows 10.

I was having the same issue like galaxy ,  exactly the same. and there is a trace to start menu from event viewer.   It is ALWAYS the same error with the same numbers and it can repeat it self like 3-7 times in a row .    it seems somehow it has to do with the windows notification .   I couldn't open the Start Menu at all. it just didn't open , but the search did , if I went to the Windows 10 notification thing (pop up) or menu  and clicked on it, then somehow the Start Menu started working.    I think it was something with the Windows UI that couldn't detect Eset properly and stuck in the middle without completing some of it tasks and causing some time fail error , because also  SlashRose said windows didn't detect the ESET on the Windows UI center , so I think it's the same issues.   after reinstalling Eset Antivirus only it works fine without error for the time being .     Usually it happens when the system is idling a long time .    but before I reinstalled it happened like 5 times in a row, just before I uninstalled it.

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: MoBEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17763.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
P2: praid:App
P3: 10.0.17763.1
P4: 5b9c8bd8
P5: Windows.UI.ActionCenter.dll
P6: 10.0.17763.1
P7: 5b9c576b
P8: 000000000008fbaf
P9: c0000409
P10: 0000000000000007

Edited by x7007