ERA / ESMC - Custom fields?

Hi All,

My ESET platform is spans a large geographical area, is there any built in field I can use to audit (can't see one in report parts) or perhaps a custom field area I can begin to populate with the public IP address from which Agents use to connect into an ERA / ESMC server?

Thanks in advance...

Heath.

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

You can use "remote host" field for that (by default, it is disabled) within the "computers table". 

Thank you MichalJ...

Is there a KB article I can follow for how to do this? Cannot find much info via web search or on the ESET website? Is this something done via Webconsole or is this a SQL admins task?

• ESET Staff

In "Computers table". in ESMC, just add a specific column "remote host", which is there in the list. Addition of columns, could be triggered by clicking the little cogwheel in the upper right corner of the application. 

Aha, so simple when you know how ?‍♂️

One last question...is there any way of refreshing this data field?

For some agents the data is good, for others it simply shows either the IP of the computer on which the Agent is installed or, the FQDN of the computer on which the agent is installed?

On some Agents it displays an old FQDN name which the Agent used to have before a site renaming task was done on the agent names in the ERA database?

Edited by Heath

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, Heath said:

Aha, so simple when you know how ?‍♂️

One last question...is there any way of refreshing this data field?

For some agents the data is good, for others it simply shows either the IP of the computer on which the Agent is installed or, the FQDN of the computer on which the agent is installed?

On some Agents it displays an old FQDN name which the Agent used to have before a site renaming task was done on the agent names in the ERA database?

Field RemoteHosts shows IP address or hostname of machine where last connection of this client came from -> it is refreshed before each connection. In case it shows wrong hostname, it might be caused by wrong configuration of DNS that is performing reverse-DNS lookup. This value completely relies on IP address as seen by ERA/ESMC and does not depends on computer name shown in console, so renaming task has no impact on this field.

There was also change in ESMC and only IP address should be shown, so no reverse-resolved hostnames will be present .