Virus Scanner Initialization Failed

Gourcuff

Hi. I keep getting this message, see pictures. I have nod32 running on XP. I'm running windows firewall alongside the Anti-Virus. There are no other programs it could conflict with. I have tried Google results, re-installing Nod32 with no joy. Please help

post-2724-0-91916700-1389450775_thumb.gif

Make sure the date and time are correct on your computer and try running the Uninstaller from safe mode and then reinstall.

How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?

Please make sure your services are running too. The following should be running : How do i open Services ?

ESET Service

Security Center

Background Intelligient Transfer Service

Windows Management Instrumentation

Let us know if the Uninstaller works ? :)

Hi Arakasi,

I didn't have Background Intelligent Transfer Service on. I have now turned that on and will let you know if it happens again. I didn't uninstall/install the product again.

Thanks

Gourcuff

bad news :( the message is back, same as the attached image in the first post. Restarting the computer gets rid of the message, all is running well after a restart but it does come back up after a while

Edited by Gourcuff

• Administrators

Will the message appear if you close egui via Shift+click on X and start it again from the Start menu? Does the error occur every time you start Windows? Are you able to start an on-demand scan without getting an error?

Hello Marcos

I just shut down nod32 via your instruction shift+X and yes the message remains there when starting up again via start menu.

The error does not occur from the get go every time I start windows, its a real hit and miss sort of thing, it happens whenever it wants to, it has a mind of its own.

I can start an on-demand scan, smart scan without being told I cannot. the error message on the main page still remains there though

Thanks

Gourcuff

Edited by Gourcuff

Hello. Theres been a development today... The same thing has happened BUT when I click on update manually and it updates the error goes away, maximum protection is back but again after a while the error comes back

Thanks

Gourcuff

Edited by Gourcuff

Hello. Just an update. Everytime the error appears I click on update then update now and the program updates then the error disappears. Please can ESET fix this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gourcuff,

Yesterday i saw the same issue happening to my Sysrescue on 2 different systems.

They both had a rootkit. Removing it solved the issue and allowed the scanner initialization to complete.

I doubt that is what is going on here, because ESET detects rootkits, but if you would like to humor me, try this:

hxxp://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

I use that tool religiously at work removing rootkits.

Try this tool as well :

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3035

If that doesn't help then it is probably what we originally thought, configuration issues. :)

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting Customer care who will instruct you how to create the necessary logs and will pass them to engineers for analysis.

Hi Gourcuff,

Yesterday i saw the same issue happening to my Sysrescue on 2 different systems.

They both had a rootkit. Removing it solved the issue and allowed the scanner initialization to complete.

I doubt that is what is going on here, because ESET detects rootkits, but if you would like to humor me, try this:

hxxp://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

I use that tool religiously at work removing rootkits.

Try this tool as well :

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3035

If that doesn't help then it is probably what we originally thought, configuration issues. :)

Run both tools. Kaspersky found nothing. ESET done its thing and found no rogue.

I'd suggest contacting Customer care who will instruct you how to create the necessary logs and will pass them to engineers for analysis.

I did email them but I've had no response. I emailed when I created this thread.

• Administrators

I did email them but I've had no response. I emailed when I created this thread.

Did you receive an automatic response that a ticket with a specific ID was created? Please pm me your email address so that I can ask the UK distributor if they received your query and a ticket was created in their system.

• 1 month later...