Export all settings for Mail transport protection rules

Is it possible to do detailed export of  all (custom) rules for Eset Mail Security for Exchange 6.5 (in "human readable" format) ? I don't find any options on RA or agent.  Also, if  I put my question more  generic - is it posssible to make export (with all defined settings) of any defined policy in RA ?

• ESET Staff

@Dean Lazar As of now, however the policy export would not make it "readable" for humans. We are tracking improvement request, that will allow to "print out policy settings". However, in case when you want to review for example the rules, it might be tricky, as that´s a nested list. AFAIK (but I will have to check) we are also tracking improvement to allow a simpler export of individual lists, within policies / configurations, but please let me double-check.

• ESET Staff

Hi Dean,

We will add import/export options to lists in rules (just like in antispam filtering lists) - these options will be available after ERA configuration module update.

In the meantime - what is your use case?
It's also possible to export the configuration directly in product - this will give you an XML file. This file can be modified - e.g. you can remove everything except rules, modify the list and then import the rules on other machine etc.

It looks like you are trying to do some antispam filtering - if you have problems with antispam detection rate, you can submit samples to ESET (https://support.eset.com/kb141/#spam) or contact customer care