Detected possible attack duplicate IP addresses on network

I received a notification from ESET today that there was a possible network attack whilst on my laptop, and that there was a duplicate IP address on the network, the IP address that was shown is that from my TV box that is also connected to my modem as I have TV and internet from the same provider. In the ESET logs it shows the ARP protocol for the attack. When I checked the IP addresses there was no conflict, my laptop and the TV box have different IP addresses so I don't understand why I got this message

Any advice appreciated

Sorry I posted this twice but could not figure out how to delete the post

Edited by Spikey020

• ESET Staff
7 hours ago, Spikey020 said:

I received a notification from ESET today that there was a possible network attack whilst on my laptop, and that there was a duplicate IP address on the network, the IP address that was shown is that from my TV box that is also connected to my modem as I have TV and internet from the same provider. In the ESET logs it shows the ARP protocol for the attack. When I checked the IP addresses there was no conflict, my laptop and the TV box have different IP addresses so I don't understand why I got this message

Any advice appreciated

Sorry I posted this twice but could not figure out how to delete the post

Maybe TV detected also duplicate IP address and changed it? Are you using static IP addresses or DHCP in your network? If DHCP it is possible, it is possible devices were assigned new IP and that is why it seems to be fine now, but maybe it was not during startup of devices.