Need help to enable Web-access/Anti-Phishing protection

Ryan Clark

Lately, I have noticed that "Web access protection" & "Anti-Phishing protection" are disabled.  It appears I'm unable to re-enable them.  I only have the option to Disable Permanently, which I do not want to do.  I just completed an update to version 11.2.63.0

Any thoughts on how I can enable these two features?

esetnod32.png

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- temporarily uninstall EAV
- install ESET Internet Security and activate a trial version
- in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics enable advanced network protection logging
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- gather logs with ELC and provide me with the generated archive.

Thanks Marcos.  I did as instructed.  I'm not sure how to gather the logs with ESET Log Collector.  I clicked 'Create Diagnostic Dump', and there's a .dmp file now.  Is that what you are referring to?

Ryan

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, Ryan Clark said:

Thanks Marcos.  I did as instructed.  I'm not sure how to gather the logs with ESET Log Collector.  I clicked 'Create Diagnostic Dump', and there's a .dmp file now.  Is that what you are referring to?

Ryan

Hello Ryan and welcome to the Forum. Glad you are here:)!

Usually the link to ESET Log Collector would be in-bedded in the ELC link in Marcos' post.  But there seems to be an issue with that. So here is the link to the ELC link in KB land (ESET Knowledgebase)  https://support.eset.com/kb3466/

Once you gather the logs, you can send them to Marcos via a PM (personal message). To do so, just hover over his name (while logged in) and select "Message". If the logs are too large to PM them, you'll need to upload them to a cloud service (i.e...like Microsoft OneDrive...or whatever platform you choose to use) and then send him the link.

Best regards.

Tom

Edited by TomFace
Corrected statement

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TomFace said:

Usually the link to ESET Log Collector would be in-bedded in the ELC link in Marcos' post. 

Hi Tom,
Do you mean the link  How do I use ESET Log Collector? in my signature? I've tested it and it opened a correct KB with instructions for using ELC.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Hi Tom,
Do you mean the link  How do I use ESET Log Collector? in my signature? I've tested it and it opened a correct KB with instructions for using ELC.

Hello Marcos. I'm probably mistaken, but could folks ever click on the abbreviations to be connected to the subject? (see below) Maybe I'm just having a senior moment.

ELC.jpg.425fda8c54b57568a47de810d035ec6b.jpg

Please accept my apology if I am incorrect.

Perhaps that could be an enhancement to the Forum.

To be honest with you, I did not even see the link in your signature.

Best regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

Well, it's not a hyperlink but the acronym expand feature of the forum. Its only purpose is to show the full name when hovering the mouse cursor over it.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Ryan Clark said:

I did as instructed.  I'm not sure how to gather the logs with ESET Log Collector.  I clicked 'Create Diagnostic Dump', and there's a .dmp file now.  Is that what you are referring to? 

Let's submit the generated archive and we'll see if the logs contain everything we need for further analysis.

50 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Well, it's not a hyperlink but the acronym expand feature of the forum. Its only purpose is to show the full name when hovering the mouse cursor over it.

Thank you for explaining that Marcos. ;)

• Administrators
21 hours ago, SEF said:

Hello @Marcos I just wanted to check if the issue has been resolved as we are facing a similar behavior.

Please provide ELC logs from such machine so that we can investigate.

I'd suggest carrying on as follows:

- temporarily uninstall EAV
- install ESET Internet Security and activate a trial version
- in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics enable advanced network protection logging
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- gather logs with ELC and provide me with the generated archive .

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone having issues with Eset web filtering, ensure you post if you have any other security products installed. For example, the stand-alone version of Adguard which also performs web filtering activities.

2 hours ago, itman said:

For anyone having issues with Eset web filtering, ensure you post if you have any other security products installed. For example, the stand-alone version of Adguard which also performs web filtering activities.

I have Adguard and my Eset web filtering works just fine. I am on the latest versions of both programs. Windows 10 64bit 1803.