Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvsuhail

Internet Protection Module Update

Recommended Posts

How to stop updating "Internet Protection Module" automatically.  Some releases are forcing me to rollback often where https websites are not working when SSL scanning enabled even if it is allowed list in Web access protection, and many websites like youtube, facebook etc are not even blocking with almost all releases if it is blocked Web Access Protection.

post-2318-0-45727500-1389427289_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not possible to avoid updating modules as they are a vital part of the product. On the other hand, modules are released for all users only after a long time of testing and being available on pre-release update servers provided that no issues have been reported.

 

Please provide more information as to what website you're unable to access with SSL scanning enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any solution for this?

 

Due to this, i am forced to disable the web access protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean that with Internet protection module 1097 you're unable to block https:// wupos.westernunion.com but with v. 1096 the website is blocked alright?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No... This is website is in allowed list.  When Internet Protection Module updated to 1097, the webpage itself cannot be displayed error occurs whereas it is working perfectly on 1096.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so the first screen shot showing wupos.westernunion.com as blocked is misleading then and the problem is that you cannot access the website with Internet protection module 1097. In that case, I'd suggest using regular updates until a newer version of the Internet protection module is available on pre-release servers for testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. It was set to Regular Update.  

2. This is quite annoying as it keeps happening with few version keeping me to disable the protection in many PCs until the next update comes.

3. Why https websites are not blocking even if it is blocked sites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regular updates selected, an old Internet protection module is provided. It's not clear what the problem is because you say that https websites are not blocked but your first screen shot shows that it was blocked which is contradictory.

I could connect to the computer remotely and check it out myself if you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Screenshot (https://wupos.westernunion.com) :- This website is in allowed list, and this is in the website i am facing issue with the update.  Usually the problem is when accessing the page after this update, I get the an alert "Webpage cannot be displayed", whereas i got the alert as per the attached screenshot when the day i posted this topic. 

 

2. Https websites :- Https websites like https://www.facebook.com, https://www.gmail.com are in blocked list even though personal firewall doesn't block these websites...why? 

 

still If you want to connect to my computer remotely, plz schedule a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get a warning that a particular website is on the list of websites blocked by user, it cannot be on the "allowed" list. When troubleshooting issues with url management, it'd be a good idea to enable "Notify when applying address from the list". In this case, enable it for the "allowed" list only. When opening https:// wupos.westernunion.com, you should either get a red alert that access to the website was blocked or you'll receive a notification that access was allowed. You shouldn't get the alert and notification at the same time.

 

I'm available for a remote session between 10:00 - 15:00 GMT, just drop me a pm when ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Web access restriction option is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall I was trying to reproduce it after the remote session to no avail as everything was working as expected in our environment. During the remote session, I told you that you put the url addresses to an incorrect list (I don't remember details as it was about 1,5 month ago) and suggested a better solution.

It'd be good to tackle tough cases like this with the assistance of Customer care; forums are not meant as a replacement for contacting Customer care. Administrators in this forum can take a quick look into the issue, check your settings and provide suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remote session was done and issues were tracked but no solution yet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the remote session, it was necessary to reproduce the difference in behavior between the latest and previous modules in our environment but I was unable to do so and everything worked as expected.

While connected to your computer, I fixed your issue by importing the url list to the proper list in the URL management setup so the issue was eventually solved to my best knowledge.

Please always contact Customer care when reporting issues that cannot be solved easily within a short time. I connected to the computer just to check if all settings are correct and to see if there's something obviously wrong. After such a long time I don't remember details and there is no support ticket with notes created that I could refer to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...