Recommended Scheduled Scans for Windows Servers

cmit

What's the recommended daily scheduled scan setting for Windows Servers (with ESET File Security installed)?

What things need to be aware? (i.e. for Spiceworks, MS SQL Server, ERA, etc...)

• ESET Staff

Hi @cmit 

If the server has been scan thoroughly after deploying EFSW, all protection layers are active, daily scans would be an overkill. If you do not need to do them for compliance reasons, I would not recomment do do them.

Also, what is the purpose of the server? I believe @Marcos will be able to provide more targeted advice. 

37 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hi @cmit 

If the server has been scan thoroughly after deploying EFSW, all protection layers are active, daily scans would be an overkill. If you do not need to do them for compliance reasons, I would not recomment do do them.

Also, what is the purpose of the server? I believe @Marcos will be able to provide more targeted advice. 

Thanks MichalJ.
i.e. File Server that has shared network folder for domain users to save new files daily. Or maybe I should just schedule scan to that specific shared folder(s).

It's like for domain Desktop computers (always powered on) that gets scheduled Smart scan (or In-Depth scan) every night.
Thought servers should also have scheduled routine scan (weekly if not daily).