ESET scan disk usage

Justin

• Administrators

A Procmon log is not useful in this case. You didn't mention if there are some other programs running and what CPU is used. On one-core systems the CPU may reach 100% utilization during a scan. If the system is not under a heavy load, you should not experience 100% cpu utilization during a scan. Also try running a smart scan (ie. without scanning archives) if it makes a difference.

• Administrators

Try running a scan without scanning archives. When scanning archives, they are unpacked to the temporary folder and then scanned. After a file has been scanned, it's deleted from the temp folder.

Ok let me check .

I'm seeing lot of Read entries to following path in procmon.Should i be worried about this file.

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus\Logs\hipslog.dat

On 9/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, Marcos said:

Try running a scan without scanning archives. When scanning archives, they are unpacked to the temporary folder and then scanned. After a file has been scanned, it's deleted from the temp folder.

Are you referring to self extracting archives option?

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Justin said:

I'm seeing lot of Read entries to following path in procmon.Should i be worried about this file.

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus\Logs\hipslog.dat

Open your Eset HIPS log and see how many entries exist. If an excessive number exist, start deleting older entries.

• Administrators

Make sure that you have logging of all blocked operations disabled in the advanced HIPS setup. If the HIPS log contains too many records, you can delete the appropriate dat file in safe mode.