ESET disappearing from macOS

RvW

A client of mine had a problem but I was able to solve it myself. I will share this in case someone has the same problem.

When his Mac is turned on for several days his ESET Cyber Security disappeared from time to time. He claims he had to download and install it again. However, after digging a little deeper I found the reason why:

drwxr-xr-x   3 root               wheel    102 Nov 10  2016 AVG Cleaner.app
drwxr-xr-x@  5 root               admin    170 Apr 29 18:54 Intego

He had another antivirus (Intego). I asked him to uninstall it. Problem solved. It's never a good idea to have more than one antivirus. This will always cause problems.

• Most Valued Members
On 9/27/2018 at 12:15 PM, RvW said:

A client of mine had a problem but I was able to solve it myself. I will share this in case someone has the same problem.

When his Mac is turned on for several days his ESET Cyber Security disappeared from time to time. He claims he had to download and install it again. However, after digging a little deeper I found the reason why:

drwxr-xr-x   3 root               wheel    102 Nov 10  2016 AVG Cleaner.app
drwxr-xr-x@  5 root               admin    170 Apr 29 18:54 Intego

He had another antivirus (Intego). I asked him to uninstall it. Problem solved. It's never a good idea to have more than one antivirus. This will always cause problems.

Anytime when you have 2 AVs that do scan as real-time then they will cause a conflict or cause problems, you could have a scanner that doesn't scan at real-time to be a backup for your real time anti virus , but both of them running as realtime will just make conflicts and problems.

I am glad that you figured it out :)

Edited by Rami