ESET IS 11.2.63 HIPS is blocking execution of Chrome 69

Ok so here is an update, i have uninstalled all 3 software packages again, thoroughly scrubbed the system for traces and reinstalled everything again, and i have the same error. But this time its not HIPS. The error only occurs when i enable Protocol Filtering. I will start another Thread with the error specifics.

14 hours ago, JerryG said:

The error only occurs when i enable Protocol Filtering.

You can exclude chrome from protocol filtering as shown here: https://help.eset.com/eis/11.2/en-US/idh_config_epfw_ssl_app.html?idh_config_epfw_content_scan_exclude.html

This in effect disables all Eset browser malware scanning capability. Personally, I would just use another browser. Also, since others using Eset are not having issues on Chrome 69, your issue has to be related to the additional security software you are deploying; namely Sandboxie and its interactions to Chrome with Eset installed.

Sorry was away from my system.

When should I run the log?  Should I run it when my ESET is fully on and Chrome is crashing (i.e. HIPS in ESET IS ON) or should I run it when I disable the HIPS and the Chrome works?

Just a note that even if ESET HIPS is disabled after I boot and once I touch enable HIPS...I get a prompt to reboot but if I don't reboot the CHROME will still crash...so as long as ESET is hooked the chrome crashes.

48 minutes ago, GrammatonClerick said:

When should I run the log?  Should I run it when my ESET is fully on and Chrome is crashing (i.e. HIPS in ESET IS ON) or should I run it when I disable the HIPS and the Chrome works?

Assuming you have cleared your Eset log files, it doesn't matter when you run ELC. @Marcos just wants to review what currently exists in the logs.

5 hours ago, itman said:

You can exclude chrome from protocol filtering as shown here: https://help.eset.com/eis/11.2/en-US/idh_config_epfw_ssl_app.html?idh_config_epfw_content_scan_exclude.html

This in effect disables all Eset browser malware scanning capability. Personally, I would just use another browser. Also, since others using Eset are not having issues on Chrome 69, your issue has to be related to the additional security software you are deploying; namely Sandboxie and its interactions to Chrome with Eset installed.

I excluded everything one by one and it didnt help. I agree  with you about running the system without protection, I wont be doing that.

Edited by JerryG

14 minutes ago, JerryG said:

I excluded everything one by one and it didnt help. I agree  with you about running the system without protection, I wont be doing that.

It's kind of dumb i.e. I can trust sandboxie to reset my settings each time and prevent drive by malware or I can trust what chrome 68 and sandboxie and eset has done before do to the same....I mean I love the fact that each time I close my browser the whole settings are cleared without my intervention regardless what I do.   

So now the time has came to either trust sandboxie in protection on eset hips.....i honestly dont' know I love the whole reset on reboot of sandboxie.

Edited by GrammatonClerick

2 minutes ago, GrammatonClerick said:

It's kind of dumb i.e. I can trust sandboxie to reset my settings each time and prevent drive by malware or I can trust what chrome 68 and sandboxie and eset has done before do to the same....I mean I love the fact that each time I close my browser the whole settings are cleared without my intervention regardless what I do.   

yes i like it too.

BTW I am just posting a new problem post that includes what has been tried to fix it.