ESET service load 60% cpu usage when i play game

• Administrators

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection make a difference?

Please carry on as follows:
- download Procdump from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procdump and extract it
- temporarily disable Protected service and Self-defense in the HIPS setup
- reboot the machine
- run "procdump -c 50 -ma ekrn"

After a dump has been created, compress it and upload it here. Also gather logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive as well.

ESET does load only in 1 game, i think that game, game protection conflicts in the eset update, i tried in different games,  eset doesn't load that much

Edited by sagpa68

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, sagpa68 said:

that game uses mshield protect, game protection

Is Gaming Mode running while you are in-game ? , so if it's running ESET shouldn't be doing anything while the game is running.

If it's running then there should be something with the game and ESET.

To be specific, Eset's Game mode does not disable Realtime protection. It only disables the interactive components of Realtime protection:

Gamer mode

Gamer mode is a feature for users that demand uninterrupted usage of their software, do not want to be disturbed by pop-up windows, and want to minimize CPU usage. Gamer mode can also be used during presentations that cannot be interrupted by antivirus activity. By enabling this feature, all pop-up windows are disabled and the activity of the scheduler will be  stopped completely. System protection still runs in the background but does not demand any user interaction.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

That's why I asked about the Gaming Mode , I know that it doesn't disable the real-time protection but it helps to minimize the CPU usage while gaming.

4 hours ago, Rami said:

but it helps to minimize the CPU usage while gaming.

Personally, I can't see how it would reduce CPU utilization. But, I will let Eset comment on that.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

Personally, I can't see how it would reduce CPU utilization. But, I will let Eset comment on that.

But it's already stated in what you have quoted from the HELP site.

But if you mean in his state it's not helping then I don't know maybe the best thing to do as Marcos said for now.

Edited by Rami

12 minutes ago, Rami said:

But it's already stated in what you have quoted from the HELP site.

But if you mean in his state it's not helping then I don't know maybe the best thing to do as Marcos said for now.

Enable Gamer mode in the Eset GUI. Start playing a game. If your CPU load decreases, you have solved your problem.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, itman said:

Enable Gamer mode in the Eset GUI. Start playing a game. If your CPU load decreases, you have solved your problem.

We will wait a response from @sagpa68 , I experience no problem with ESET I was trying to help.

enabling gaming mode didnt help eset service still loads 60%, i tried other games that has game protection eset didnt load its only 0%, just this 1 game that eset load to 60% but it didnt happen before.  i played for hours this game before and cpu load didnt pass to 50% now it loads 90-100%

• Most Valued Members
8 minutes ago, sagpa68 said:

enabling gaming mode didnt help eset service still loads 60%, i tried other games that has game protection eset didnt load its only 0%, just this 1 game that eset load to 60% but it didnt happen before.  i played for hours this game before and cpu load didnt pass to 50% now it loads 90-100%

Can you please post which game is this? , I can relate to same problem with other people that had troubles with games protected by Denuvo