Downloading of email from my POP Orange.fr account has been blocked apparently because of a certificate problem.  Is this temporary or is there a way in whcih i can  adjust my settings to let this through?

7 hours ago, santiago said:

Downloading of email from my POP Orange.fr account has been blocked apparently because of a certificate problem.  Is this temporary or is there a way in whcih i can  adjust my settings to let this through?

Did you try their IMAP/S server?

Looks like there is an problem at Orange side:

https://communaute.orange.fr/t5/mon-mail-Orange/Plus-de-réception-de-messages-avec-Thunderbird-depuis-8H-ce/td-p/1655258

I saw an message there that going from "SSL / TLS" to "none" works in email settings to retrieve email.

Edited by Daedalus

Checking on Google seems to indicate that this might be a certificate problem with Orange of long standing.  My wife uses IMAP and there is no problem.  We both screen emails using Mailwasher (which allows us to see emails on the server in text, not html) and this has no problem in seeing the pop server and any emails sent to this.  It may be that ESET is just a bit too restrictive?  Anyway, i have followed your advice and changed 'SSL/TLS' to 'None' and this seems to work OK.  I'll keep checking back with Orange.  Fortunately I don't have too many emails using this source.  Many thanks.

18 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I saw an message there that going from "SSL / TLS" to "none" works in email settings to retrieve email.

Just remember that when you do this, your e-mail is being sent to you unencrypted. So if you receive "sensitive" information in your e-mails, you might want to think twice before deploying this solution.

• ESET Moderators

Looks like the provider updated the certificate:

Certificate:

Data:

Version: 3 (0x2)

Serial Number:

0a:77:c0:39:1b:c6:65:2d:ff:3d:bf:24:28:5f:f5:fb

Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption

Issuer: C=US, O=DigiCert Inc, CN=DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

Validity

Not Before: Sep 24 00:00:00 2018 GMT

Not After : Jun  9 12:00:00 2019 GMT

[...]

X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:

DNS:pop3.orange.fr, DNS:pop.wanadoo.fr, DNS:pop.orange.fr

[...]

Signed Certificate Timestamp:

Version   : v1(0)

Log ID    : A4:B9:09:90:B4:18:58:14:87:BB:13:A2:CC:67:70:0A:

3C:35:98:04:F9:1B:DF:B8:E3:77:CD:0E:C8:0D:DC:10

Timestamp : Sep 24 09:05:32.652 2018 GMT