Eset Smart Security 7 minimizing?

When I do a computer startup, the main program window starts up maximized, and I have to shut it down manually. Is there a way that it will startup minimized automatically?  Thank you in advance!     B) 

CaJazzman,

Please open the windows registry and navigate to the following entry :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

If you are unsure how to perform this operation. It can be done in windows 8 by holding down the windows key and pressing the 'R' key at the same time.

In the run dialogue box please type in 'regedit' and click OK.

Look for egui in the right pane.

Make sure you have the hide switch as the suffix of ESET file path.

I have attached a picture to help.

If it is missing. Please add it.

Report back what you find. :)

post-1101-0-92049000-1389865829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Make sure HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run  Does not have an entry to counteract.

Make sure the startup folder in Start Menu > Programs does not have one to counter either.

If none of this checks out. I would recommend trying a fresh install.

I checked all of ESET's registry entries and the only other window entry is the LastPosition or similar.

It may be in a dat file i am unaware of since i am not on their Dev team.

You can export all your settings and re-import if your worried about configuration already done.

Edited by Arakasi

Hello CaJazzman

An alternative solution, to Arakasi's good advices, as always, that might work for you ......First you have to open eset's interface, and resize it, to the size that you want by dragging it in the corners. Then hold down the shift key, on my keyboard it is to the right. Then move your mouse cursor, while you are holding down the shift key, up to the upper right corner, to the red box with the x, and press on it. You will receive a message sounding like this,"Are you sure that you what to quit Eset smart security" press yes. Eset's main interface will close. Do not be afraid, you are not shutting down the protection, the "Eset service" is still running. Then go to your program menu and find eset, and press the eset symbol, and the interface will restart. This will hopefully solve your issue..I have done a short video...just to illustrate.. Just press " video " link (Video disabled....has served its purpose)

Regards Janus

Edited by Janus

Hello CaJazzman

An alternative solution, to Arakasi's good advices, as always, that might work for you ......First you have to open eset's interface, and resize it, to the size that you want by dragging it in the corners. Then hold down the shift key, on my keyboard it is to the right. Then move your mouse cursor, while you are holding down the shift key, up to the upper right corner, to the red box with the x, and press on it. You will receive a message sounding like this,"Are you sure that you what to quit Eset smart security" press yes. Eset's main interface will close. Do not be afraid, you are not shutting down the protection, the "Eset service" is still running. Then go to your program menu and find eset, and press the eset symbol, and the interface will restart. This will hopefully solve your issue..I have done a short video...just to illustrate.. Just press " video link " (Video link will just be active for a couple of days)

Regards Janus

Tried that, but when I resize and then press the red X it just closes window, not exiting as your post says will happen. So, still confused with this issue, since all my other versions I had installed, would startup minimized.

Thanks Janus for the video, that was great !

I am not sure if that will solve his upon start-up.

He wants the gui minimized to taskbar when logging in.

Currently it is showing the Splash and then the entire GUI opens as well.

Cajazzman, did you hold the keyboard right shift key when clicking the red X ?

Edited by Arakasi

Thanks Janus for the video, that was great !

I am not sure if that will solve his upon start-up.

He wants the gui minimized to taskbar when logging in.

Currently it is showing the Splash and then the entire GUI opens as well.

Cajazzman, did you hold the keyboard right shift key when clicking the red X ?

Ok, I forgot to do the right shiuft which does as you said. Then I opened it back up, and the main program window and the icon in the task bar too. Well, I'll just have to live with it.

Well, i havent given up yet lol. Unless you are ok with it.

After doing as Janus described , upon restart did the issue persist ?

Have you tried reinstalling as i suggested ?

Thanks for posting Jazzman

Well, i havent given up yet lol. Unless you are ok with it.

After doing as Janus described , upon restart did the issue persist ?

Have you tried reinstalling as i suggested ?

Thanks for posting Jazzman

Yes, I did everything you said to do, and it still is an issue. At this point I have no ideas, what else to do. Like I said, this is the only version I've had that this has happened to. :wacko:

Edited by CaJazzman

There are still several options to try.

You can create a shortcut and edit the properties, and place it in the startup folder, to see if that will override whats happening. :huh:

This could be a windows 8 bug too. I tried researching a little, will keep it at...

There are still several options to try.

You can create a shortcut and edit the properties, and place it in the startup folder, to see if that will override whats happening. :huh:

This could be a windows 8 bug too. I tried researching a little, will keep it at...

I think too, it maybe a bug in Windows 8/8.1, because I say this, when I had Windows 7, in my other pc, before it went to the junk pile, and then I built this one, which is so far superior, then my other store bought one. Eset Nod32 ran pefectly. B)