AIO deployment and SmartScreen

ESMC7 / EES7 / W8/W10.

I want to be able to deploy EES7 and the ESMC Agent using the All-in-one installer to new customers using the silent installation command.

So I created a .bat file that I distribute with the AIO .exe with the following command;

ESMC_Installer_x64_en_US.exe --silent --accepteula

Instructions for the customer are to double click the .bat file to run and install EES. This works perfectly on W7, but nothing happens with W8/W10 installs. I tested today and realised that SmartScreen must be blocking the installer from running. If I double click the ESMC_Installer_x64_en_US.exe file directly to run it, I get a SmartScreen warning and can select 'More Info' and then proceed with the install. Is there any way to script this into the .bat file? Or another way to do this?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on this issue. Turns out the SmartScreen block is applied to the file on the server when downloading the AIO installer in ESMC (Server 2012 R2).

So before deploying to customers/clients, right click the file while still on the server and select to Unblock it. You can then zip it with the batch file and deploy this however you want and it's no longer blocked on the clients. I completed 3 Windows 10 installs on the weekend and no issues with SmartScreen.