Let's talk about coverage

Hello Forum,

when managing some of our clients (and talking to new ones) i'm thinking a lot about coverage:

How many of the PCs in a domain are actually green in your ERA an how close did you ever get to a 100% coverage of all Clients and Servers with up-to-date AV?

Okay, the first interesting question is: How many is 100%? Are all in the AD, are all old accounts deactiviated and so on.

I would like to exchange real-life-experience about managing clients - if anyone's up to that i would be happy.

Greetz from Germany,

Christian

10 minutes ago, Christian Stück said:

Hello Forum,

when managing some of our clients (and talking to new ones) i'm thinking a lot about coverage:

How many of the PCs in a domain are actually green in your ERA an how close did you ever get to a 100% coverage of all Clients and Servers with up-to-date AV?

Okay, the first interesting question is: How many is 100%? Are all in the AD, are all old accounts deactiviated and so on.

I would like to exchange real-life-experience about managing clients - if anyone's up to that i would be happy.

Greetz from Germany,

Christian

Hi Christian,

I currently have 145 domain computers and all of them are covered with ESET v7, 100% of them are green and reporting no issues.

Everything that we have in our AD is covered and is working absolutely fine.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 2:37 PM, Kieran Barry said:

Hi Christian,

I currently have 145 domain computers and all of them are covered with ESET v7, 100% of them are green and reporting no issues.

Everything that we have in our AD is covered and is working absolutely fine.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

Hi Kieran,

wow, good work!

My most common Problems are: computer replaced but not deactivated, user on vacation, laptop offline.
We have multiple admin-teams on multiple locations and not all are devoted to ESET the same amount ?

Good to hear, that it IS possible to get 100%

Regards,

Christian

Just now, Christian Stück said:

Hi Kieran,

wow, good work!

My most common Problems are: computer replaced but not deactivated, user on vacation, laptop offline.
We have multiple admin-teams on multiple locations and not all are devoted to ESET the same amount ?

Good to hear, that it IS possible to get 100%

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian,

If I am understanding you correctly, you can remove the machines from the Computers list on ERA/ESMC (Depending what you use) and it will deactivate the product on that client and remove it from the list.

Do you use any other Antivirus applications or are the teams just not invested in the security of their clients?

Regards,

Kieran Barry

I understand what you mean.

We have quite a few computers that are only used in temporary instances. Perhaps a few times a month. The rests of the time they are switched off, and so they're flagged as out of date in ESMC.

It's quite annoying. I'm tempted to leave them on all the time so that it stays green

Edited by damtechmatt
Sp

• 2 weeks later...

Any Agent not reporting to ESMC any more could be defeated by some malware .... but maybe thats paranoid ?

Actually i am thinking of events and triggers to tell it-support if any action is required (besides any outbreaks):

0% red Computers
less than 10% yellow computers
no Computers that were seen > 4 weeks ago (you can not just delete them, you have to investigate.)
0% of computers that where never seen