No way to disable WEB Access protection disabled alerts for EFS 7.x

Customer has master EFS policy set to disable "protocol filtering", and "web access protection". They have had this implemented for sometime. With EFS 6.5 , after these 2 items were disabled in policy there would be no RED alerts in ERA/ESMC and nothing locally on server. Since upgrade to EFS 7.x there are always alerts on ERA/ESMC and locally. In the policy under User interface >> Statuses there is no category for these 2 items. (only anti-phishing). Is this be design? I informed customer its very important to leave this enabled but they do not want it and have never used it on servers. Also when you go locally on server to programs and features for EFS and Modify there is no longer option to take out Web access protection. Is this also by design now with new version? 

• Administrators

It is a known issue that will be fixed via a module update.

Nevertheless, protocol filtering should be kept enabled as long as a computer has connection to the Internet. Disabling it will expose the machine to Internet-borne threats that may slip through other protection modules.

• 1 month later...

Im looking for answer for this same question

I need to disable web and email scanning notifications. I've unchecked them but I'm still getting the big red menu bar notification. 

Any guidance would be appreciated thank you (please no suggestions as to what should be on/off, just removing the notifications- appreciated)

• ESET Staff

We are working on a CE module update, that would allow you to configure suppression of those notifications remotely from ERA / ESMC. Once the release date has been confirmed, we will update this thread.  There is also a parallel thread: 

Edited by MichalJ