Eset encrypted virtual drive after uninstall ?

Hi,

Following the removal of Eset Smart Security Premium,

will my recently created Eset Encrypted Virtual Drive/s not be accessible any longer ?

If the answer is 'yes' is there anyway to purchase separately from Eset its Encrypted Virtual Drive Utility ?

Please reply a.s.a.p

Regards,

dzur

Edited by dzur

• ESET Moderators

Hello @dzur,

from https://support.eset.com/kb6266/ 
What happens to my encrypted data if I have to uninstall ESET or there is a problem with the product? 

Your encrypted files are stored separately from ESET program files. Uninstallation or errors in your ESET program will not affect your files. If you have to uninstall ESET Smart Security Premium, you can access your encrypted data after reinstallation by double-clicking the file and typing in your password.

In case you would like to use the encryption only, you may use Deslock+ software, which powers the SecureData feature as well.

Regards, P.R.

Hi Peter, Thank you sir for responding.

Kindly let me ask you this way:

Must Eset be RE-installed (following an uninstallation) in order to RE-access a Virtual Drive

(which was created whilst Eset was installed) ?

' you can access your encrypted data AFTER reinstallation'

What happens to re-accessing a Virtual Drive if one decides not to RE-install Eset ?

Awaiting your learned reply sir,

Regards,

dzur

Edited by dzur

• ESET Moderators

Hello @dzur

to access the encrypted archive you need to have ESET Smart Security Premium with SecureData enabled / the Deslock+ client.

The virtual drive is stored in a file so if you keep it, you may later access contents of it,...

Regards, P.R.