It was good while it lasted

rarou

Hello ESET,

I have been getting an unbelievable number of pop-ups warning me of threats.  At first I thought I had a virus or some form of malware until I tried to open other antivirus sites to read their FAQs.  In one visit alone, lasting only a coupe minutes ESET sent me 8 pop-up messages warning that my computer was threatened.  When I tried another anti-virus site I was blocked.  Both sites I tried were major players in the anti-virus world and I have them on other computers.  I am not sure what is going on but it is time to say good-bye.  ESET was one of the best protectors I have ever used, now I leave as a result of ESET being a top 3 annoyance.  I will miss the good times.

• Administrators

Please provide a complete record (whole row) from the Detected threats log that pertains to the detection. I'd prefer if you could gather complete logs with ESET Log Collector, however.

If you have Mikrotik router, make sure to install the latest firmware. Routers with older firmware have been a target of attacks recently and a malicious html code was already provided by the router itself. It was subsequently detected in html pages on computers connected to the Internet through the router.

One should never make a conclusion before investigating what happened or what's going on. If the router turns out to be the culprit, no security software running on a computer could have prevented router infection.

The "things" Eset gets accused of gets wilder by the day.

Here are a few AV sites I could access w/o issue; Kaspersky, Symantec, F-Secure, and Avira. All use EV certificates and are bypassed by Eset's SSL protocol scanning.

That old truism is ringing in my ears, "the messenger is always the one killed."