Problem accessing specific web site.

Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

For years I have been using the web site hxxp://ivao.aero but, for some reason, I now receive an error message "Unable to Access Network" whenever I try.    To complicate matters I CAN access variations of this site   eg. forum.ivao.aero, events.ivao.aero etc.     This happens no matter which browser I use.     I have no problem accessing any other web site.

I am assuming that somewhere in the firewall there is a setting that is blocking this web site.    I am not technically minded and cannot see anywhere that even remotely says that the site is blocked.

Could some kind person please instruct me on how I can solve this issue as it is quite annoying - not to mention frustrating.

The page that says unable to access network is the way Malwarebytes likes to handle bad pages, or blacklisted pages.

My question to you Brian. Do you use Malwarebytes ?

A very good question, and it would be best to hop over to the Malwarebytes forum, post a linkback to this thread, and ask for one of their reps to identify the cause or problematic advertisement or malware located on the domain.

:)

Your welcome.

One thing i noticed. The Mbam IP protection module is suppose to provide you with a tooltip pop up with an IP of the domain and notification of block.

Mine did not provide this. I tried to disable and re-enable tooltip pop ups in the protection tab, but it did not work.

I also created a batch like this :

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v EnableBalloonTips /t REG_DWORD /d 1

However it did not help either.

Its not safe to leave the module completely turned off, but to create an ignore object in the list of the IP by right clicking the tooltip baloon. However it is not appearing for me, and quite possibly for you either.

:)

Possible Mbam flaw ? Maybe they will inform.

Good luck and thanks for posting here on ESET forums. :)