I've been using Smart Security for a little less than 6 months. Why is RAM being used up by this Anti-virus software? I've been using ESET for years, and now I'm not even interested in using it again. I literally can't do practically anything on my computer.

image.png.6152146cb8cdf65216323b7cf22161dd.png

• Administrators

From the screen shot it is not clear if ekrn is consuming 10,4 GB of RAM. Does the issue manifest right after Windows starts without doing anything ?

Do you have ESET Internet Security v11.2.63.0 installed? If not, uninstall the version you have and install the latest one from scratch using default settings. Does the problem persist?

This issue has persisted over the past six months. It is ekrn - and I was running 11.2.49.0. I didn't realize there was an update, but like I said, this has persisted through updates and updates. It literally starts every time with the boot process. At least 5-7 GBs of RAM is used at Windows Start.

Can you direct me to the uninstall instructions? I've tried uninstalling in the past, even with an Administrator account, and it says that I don't have access.

image.thumb.png.d707d3255b6c8b8a3196a066ae6abda8.png

What is a bit strange is that you can't uninstall Eset via the Control Panel -> Programs option. Did you password protect the Eset GUI? Don't know if that would affect uninstalling or not.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @KomodoDagger,

can you please provide us with the dump from the ESET service (Advanced settings -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create diagnostics dump and press the button Create) and ESET log collector output to check it?

You can upload it to a safe location and send me a download link via a private message with a reference to this thread.

Regards, P.R.