Eset firewall not initially activated

• Administrators

Sounds like another system service that the firewall is dependent on takes time to start. I'd suggest contacting your local customer care to troubleshoot the issue further.

3 hours ago, Spikey020 said:

Hello,

I noticed that when I start my pc the firewall is not initially activated, after startup it takes a good 2 minutes before it is activated, is this normal?

Mike

Welcome to "The Forum" Mike...glad you are here:). Might I ask what OS and ESET product you are using? I use EIS and Win 7x64 and I have/had the same situation (for quite sometime now)...takes about 1.5-2 minutes for Win Security Center to fully realize ESET is on board and functioning. What I have done is to adjust my Network settings to NOT automatically connect. After I see everything is registered properly (via Action Center>Security) , I then manually connect. Not a big deal for me:rolleyes:. This also allows me to be disconnected (from the Net) when I choose to.

Is that the way it should be? I'm not sure:unsure:, but (again) it's not a big deal for me;).

Best regards.

Edited by TomFace

7 hours ago, TomFace said:

Welcome to "The Forum" Mike...glad you are here:). Might I ask what OS and ESET product you are using? I use EIS and Win 7x64 and I have/had the same situation (for quite sometime now)...takes about 1.5-2 minutes for Win Security Center to fully realize ESET is on board and functioning. What I have done is to adjust my Network settings to NOT automatically connect. After I see everything is registered properly (via Action Center>Security) , I then manually connect. Not a big deal for me:rolleyes:. This also allows me to be disconnected (from the Net) when I choose to.

Is that the way it should be? I'm not sure:unsure:, but (again) it's not a big deal for me;).

Best regards.

thanks for the replies, I am also using Eset Internet Security and win 7 x64. I have since reinstalled EIS and I notice now that the firewall is activated as soon as windows starts, I was thinking that EIS had maybe been compromised, I have scanned my pc twice but no problems were found so not sure

Regards

Mike

Edited by Spikey020

You're probably OK. But as nothing in this world is 100% (including all A/V programs), you could always do a 2nd opinion scan. HitmanPro does offer a 30 day free trial (don't get the HitmanPro.Alert as it conflicts with ESET in my experience) or you could always try Emsisoft Emergency Kit (again another freebie).

15 hours ago, TomFace said:

You're probably OK. But as nothing in this world is 100% (including all A/V programs), you could always do a 2nd opinion scan. HitmanPro does offer a 30 day free trial (don't get the HitmanPro.Alert as it conflicts with ESET in my experience) or you could always try Emsisoft Emergency Kit (again another freebie).

thanks again, I ran a scan with Hitman Pro but it didn't find anything so I think it's ok