Could not login to my parentalcontrol account

Hello,

I already have this problem for a week or so: when I try to login to my parentalcontrol account, I'm redirected to login.eset.com and it all freezes at a blank page and goes nowhere. I mean my account as a parent. This means, I could not control apps and time on my kid's Android device. I am trying to login with my ipad3 IOS9 and tried all possible browsers I have here, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and I also tried my Windows 10 Phone's MS Edge - everywhere the same result, it just shows a blank screen after login and no control panel available. It all worked on every device I have some days ago for a Month when I first installed this app in August.

• Administrators

I've just tried to log in to my.eset.com and it worked. If you have an opportunity to connect to the Internet via another ISP (e.g. via a friend's wi-fi), please do so as there doesn't seem to be any issue on ESET's part.

Ok, but what system did you use? I've just tried to log-in from a desktop computer (Windows XP) and it worked, from the same connection IP I have on wi fi.

So the problem is that it doesn't work from a mobile device. Like I mentioned, it doesn't work on ipad3 and Windows 10 MS Phone I have. I've tried connection in another place and it doesn't matter. Still, it all worked a couple of weeks ago. Something was changed. Try to login from similar devices and then you could probably see the problem in action.

If you want, I could post an exact URL here at which the login stucks.

Edited by Pics N.

• Administrators

I've tried to log in to my.eset.com via Firefox on an Android 8 phone and it worked. Since I don't have ipad nor a Windows 10 mobile phone, I couldn't test it with these. I'd recommend contacting customer care.

• ESET Staff

FYI, tried on iPhone8 (iOS11.4 Safari), no problem detected...

I suggest to try use some of the other browsers for your devices (Chrome, Opera etc) instead of that built in ones...

regards

peter

Edited by metaller

My ipad is on ios 9.3.5, and I've tried all possible browsers I have here, Firefox, Chrome, Opera Coast and Safari - everywhere the same result i.e. an empty screen and no login completes. Here's an example URL where it stucks on:

https://login.eset.com/connect/authorize/callback?client_id=pcp&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fparentalcontrol.eset.com&response_mode=form_post&response_type=id_token&scope=openid%20mecac&state=OpenIdConnect.AuthenticationProperties%3DgqjO5clUljnUexi390xPBvsknotPUACFtqTumTfN668Ga1Y3375dz4dmBUezw2rF6CUJ4laF2Hh2hggwvTUVLQxLiENnmqHV7AuLddt8QWtiRCSKiRAX_d3FijeIheSftBZIDOUmYoRk1eKc-iMWhTGH46uC8XcZ50eFbRWriBe8FWWCyKTMwwe2Sq-2m97U&nonce=636721780743619360.MGVlZDExMzMtZDVkMi00NWY5LWJjYzUtMGJjNmE5OTg1ZDQ0NmUwZTAxMzYtYjEzNC00N2EzLThjMWMtOTIzYjI2NjdlZGQ5&x-client-SKU=ID_NET451&x-client-ver=5.2.1.0

just to repeat - it stopped to work just a couple weeks ago, previously worked nice on all of my mobile devices.

Update: I've tried Opera Mini on my Windows Phone and the login worked there. However Opera Mini for Windows is a nightmare browser, many things based on JavaScript do not work so I couldn't use it.

I've also tried my Surface 1 device with an outdated Internet Explorer and the login also worked.

So the problem seems to be with ipad3 (all browsers) and MS Edge for mobile. I already cleared all cookies and browsing data, no success.

BTW this "save login" tickbox you have on a page - it never worked for me. Each time when I visited my.eset.com I was asked to enter login/password from scratch.

So, where should I ask for customer care? It's a coding question. I've these forums are already a support for all kinds, or was it a mistake?