11.2.49 and F5 VPN portals

Oracl3man

F5 Networks VPN portals validates anitivirus software before letting you log on.  This stopped working after my NOD32 upgraded to 11.2.49 as it does not detect a valid antivirus software on my PC.  It worked fine pre 11.2.49

So now I have to run a virtual maching with Windows Defender (!) on it to get into my clients network.

Edited by Oracl3man

• Administrators

We haven't supported F5 VPN in any way. I assume it's F5 that needs to add recognition of v11.2 and newer versions, therefore I'd suggest contacting their customer care.

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 10/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Oracl3man said:

A month now and nothing happening from anyone involved.  Can I downgrade my NOD32 to 11.1?

Why not , if you feel like that this version was the most stable for you , then why not, unless there are security fixes in the newer versions it would be more recommended to stay up-to-date but in your situation where something has only worked only with an older version , then roll back.

12 hours ago, Rami said:

Why not , if you feel like that this version was the most stable for you , then why not, unless there are security fixes in the newer versions it would be more recommended to stay up-to-date but in your situation where something has only worked only with an older version , then roll back.

Well, I'm not able to find any "legacy" downloads, hence my question.  So where can I find a downloadable 11.1?

• Most Valued Members

You can try google , but you will find lot of useless/stupid websites offering the download.

Edited by Rami

16 hours ago, Oracl3man said:

Well, I'm not able to find any "legacy" downloads, hence my question.  So where can I find a downloadable 11.1?

You can download Eset 11.0 here: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

I believe version 11.1 was an upgrade release for 11.0. If you try to upgrade 11.0, you will probably end up with 11.2 which it appears you don't want. So to answer your question, you can't download ver. 11.1.

As a rule, I usually keep two off-load version downloads of Eset on my PC. That way I can always reinstall a prior version if their is an issue with the current one. 

1 hour ago, itman said:

You can download Eset 11.0 here: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

I believe version 11.1 was an upgrade release for 11.0. If you try to upgrade 11.0, you will probably end up with 11.2 which it appears you don't want. So to answer your question, you can't download ver. 11.1.

As a rule, I usually keep two off-load version downloads of Eset on my PC. That way I can always reinstall a prior version if their is an issue with the current one. 

Thx man, for the link and the keeper point

8 hours ago, Rami said:

You can try google , but you will find lot of useless/stupid websites offering the download.

Google it? LOL, sorry but no thanks

• Most Valued Members
41 minutes ago, Oracl3man said:

Thx man, for the link and the keeper point

Google it? LOL, sorry but no thanks

I tried to search for a download link but didn't find , I see itman did provide you the link,

• 1 month later...

Well actually it doesn't work after all.  It worked fine as long as it said "waiting to be registered with Windows security".  When that message disappeared it stopped working again.  So I guess it's back to 11.0 again...

Update: Interestingly it works fine on my other laptop with 12.0.27.  Only difference is that my eset license just expired on that pc, so it says that I'm not protected

Edited by Oracl3man

• 1 month later...

"It worked fine as long as it said "waiting to be registered with Windows security".  When that message disappeared it stopped working again" 

Doesn't this indicate the the problem is not in the F5 end?