Creating All-in-one installer for Endpoint Security v7 fails with "Internal Server Error"

My server has been upgraded to the Security Management Center v7.0.553.0

Since client upgrade tasks aren't working, I'm trying to use the quick links to create an All-in-one installer for the agent and endpoint security v7.

Every time it gets to about 2% complete before failing with "Internal Server Error"

Whats going on ?!?

Same here.It will rarely work and eset techs would ask me to check the firewall which is not the issue here.What i did was to download msi file for eset antivirus 7 ,copy it to a local repository and push the link via software installer client task.For agent i use security center components upgrade task

Same here too. Just woeful. Been trying to download it for about 15 hours now. It keeps failing. Once I got to 40% and I thought I had it in the bag. But I was wrong.

Come on Eset. I remember installing with the v6 ERA and it was woeful too. How can it be so difficult??

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Telx said:

Same here too. Just woeful. Been trying to download it for about 15 hours now. It keeps failing. Once I got to 40% and I thought I had it in the bag. But I was wrong.

I recall there's a problem with slow connection to the repository servers from Australia but we should come up with a solution soon. My colleagues will correct me, if needed.

G'day Marcos,

Is there a work around? I'm migrating a server and trying to install everything. Now I have 30+ endpoints that are not protected. Not huge, but I can't use the deployment tool because it requires the installer to be downloaded through ESET Security Management Center.

Can you post the closest repository to Western Australia?

Cheers. Hoping to get a fix soon. Like in the next 6 hours.

Can confirm this is still failing, has been a problem for over a week now!

I've provided wireshark logs to MichalJ. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Still failing as of Monday 3rd September 2018

Surely someone has an option that we can use for a local Australian or Oceania repository that isn't dropping connection (even if that is the issue). So sketchy for a product that is not cheap.

Come on ESET!!!!!

I've manually tried entering the following URL's for the repositories:

Still no luck.

Just got through to Australian support and they informed me the following:

• This is a KNOWN problem happening for the last MONTH!!!
  • Work around is you just keep trying until you get it - they mentioned after the 3rd or 4th try, I told them I've done it over 50 times this past weekend
  • Another work around is to download not the current v7 but v6.6 or v6.5 and then run a client task to upgrade the client to the latest version once it has communicated back with ERA or EMSC

Still not working for me. Will post back if I find a solution.

I originally contacted AU support a week ago, they confirmed they were also having the same problem on their servers (not sure if test or production).

This problem also occurs on ERA 6.5.522, so not specifically a version 7 issue. On ERA 6.5.522 I was also getting errors deploying EFS and EES from ERA. Only option was to download manually from the download.eset.com websites, then push out the Activation task from ERA. On SMC 7 I am able to push out the installation.

So do you just push out the agent first, then download manually the all-in-one installer, then run activation?
That is an extremely manual task. Not looking forward to doing that if it is the only option.

No I created the agent installer and deployed the agent with this, then once the computers reported back I was able to deploy EES from SMC 7 successfully. This doesn't download any software, just creates the EraAgentInstaller.bat file. This then downloads the agent software when run on the clients. I did however notice this download seemed very slow also.

With ERA 6.5.522 same with the agent, but only way to get EES or EFS installed (EFS on the ERA server, was a new build) was to manually download and install from the public website links, then once installed and updated, deploy the activation task from ERA.

Just tried to deploy EES update from my ERA 6.5.522 server, failing on both EES 7 and the latest EES 6.

Software installation failed: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a).

This is getting ridiculous. I have several customers I need to deploy updates to. Going around to every one of their computers and manually installing the software is not a viable workaround.

When can we expect this will be fixed please?

I've had support TV in and show me how he is applying a work around. At best this is a hit and miss too.

Basically use the script that gets made when you do deploy via GPO.

Then either manually install that on each computer (I'm using ScreenConnect) to do it because I have them in unattended access.

When they report in then you can issue a client software install task and it does work at least 30% of the time.

So, any news on when this repository issue is going to be fixed?

No response from anyone at ESET since last week. Everyone must be on holidays :) ?

17 hours ago, ShaneDT said:

So, any news on when this repository issue is going to be fixed?

No response from anyone at ESET since last week. Everyone must be on holidays :) ?

It is horrific mate. I recommended this software to multiple clients. I can just imagine them starting to doubt the rest of my advice. IT is all about trust, results and quick response times. Trust in this product and it's ability to deliver what I believe is the basic function to any product - the ability to download and install it. 

This should be of the highest priority!!! Work arounds are still not always working. I've got 3 devices at one clients location that refuse to synchronise the necessary packages and as a result are left vulnerable. Lets hope Windows Defender works for now ?

2 minutes ago, Telx said:

It is horrific mate. I recommended this software to multiple clients. I can just imagine them starting to doubt the rest of my advice. IT is all about trust, results and quick response times. Trust in this product and it's ability to deliver what I believe is the basic function to any product - the ability to download and install it. 

This should be of the highest priority!!! Work arounds are still not always working. I've got 3 devices at one clients location that refuse to synchronise the necessary packages and as a result are left vulnerable. Lets hope Windows Defender works for now ?

I hope you're listening Eset.  One of the main reasons I was so eager to get v7 rolled out is because i'm sick to death of receiving emails that we've exceeded our license count, all because the software is too damn stupid to realise it is assigning licenses to the same machine multiple times.

Of course this wasn't fixed in v7, contrary to other forum posts from months ago advising it would be.

Our license is due for renewal in a couple of months, not sure why I would renew at this point.  It's not a capable enterprise product.

So guys I got my mate who is running ESET at a big school (reason why I jumped in from the Sophos train) and he said he also can't download installers. 

But we all know that the local repositories aren't up to scratch.

So he did some googling and found a proxy server that he tried and it works. It actually downloads the file and all is well in the world. Obviously there is a serious security concern here because I don't know if the proxy server is owned by ESET or by 3rd party. I also don't know if ESET will monitor and checksum the files downloaded to make sure they are authentic. But be that as it may here are the details *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!*

HTTP PROXY:

SERVER: 50.224.173.190

PORT: 8080

If it works for you then great. If not sorry. If it makes you lose your hair, kills the cat next door or just crashes the stock market then I'm not to blame :)

Kudos to my mate Jono ????

• ESET Staff

As of today we have enabled CDN for repository in APAC (for Australia, Japan and New Zealand). This should resolve your issues, if repository is configured for AUTOSELECT. 

Is it live yet?
Big improvement, I actually got to 6% this time lol.

Sorry for being sarcastic, but really this is beyond ridiculous.

Why don't you guys spin up a couple of servers on Amazon in the Sydney data centre and test this problem live until it's resolved!

have you tested it from a server based in AU?

My suggestion was to run up a server on AWS in the Sydney data centre for testing. Much quicker and cheaper than spinning up a server on Azure.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @ShaneDT,

we analyzed the possibilities of serving the content to our customers.

CDN has similar price as the traffic from the virtual server, moreover you need a resources to run it and maintain as well so CDN is better for such service.

Can you please share the IP address of the server, from which you have downloaded the file?

Regards, P.R.