What A Ripoff

fredster

I paid 60 dollars for this piece of garbage for 3 user. Last night I installed it and got a message You already used up your amount. I turned around and purchased Kaspersky  3.0 Pure and when I installed the new software I got a message must uninstall this incompatible software first. Next stop garbage pail!!!

• Administrators

The message "You already used up your amount" doesn't come from ESET's products; we don't use any such string whatsoever.

Uninstalling ESET is straightforward and can be accomplished either via the Start menu, Control panel - Add/remove programs or using the Uninstall tool as per the instructions in hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289.

I paid 60 dollars for this piece of garbage for 3 user. Last night I installed it and got a message You already used up your amount. I turned around and purchased Kaspersky  3.0 Pure and when I installed the new software I got a message must uninstall this incompatible software first. Next stop garbage pail!!!

Just use the Eset uninstaller. Sometimes this happens with all Antivirus's. Each one has their own uninstaller (complete) to allow use of another product. But, why Didn't you simply investigate why your license didn't work? Before getting this eset SS_7 I ran Kaspersky for about a week and made my decision. Sometimes it's personal preference, but my decision was easy

Kasperskys a heavy program lol.

Your funny fredster.

Heres a scenario.....

I just bought a new car !!!!!!!
To the garbage pail !!!! It wont start.
" Uhh sir it has no gas in it ".

Oh... too late... i bought a tricycle.

Edited by Arakasi

Hello fredster and wellcome

I can understand frustration,.... experience it everyday with my equations, lol. But anyway, it could be more interesting to know from where or whom you have bought the license from. So, if you return to this thread, my friend, then please post the link here, or better, post it to one of the moderates with some words of your situation.

Regards Janus :-))

Hmmm... quite funny this, fredster didn't even ask for help with his "garbage problem" whatever that may be.

All he said was that he spent 60 dollars on ESET then saw a message not related to ESET, and then he spent some more dollars on Kaspersky.

Okidoki  :)

@fredster FYI, every vendor have trials available for users to download and try out before buying, that way you don't need to spend money on ehmm "garbage".

Edited by SweX

Hmmm... quite funny this, fredster didn't even ask for help with his "garbage problem" whatever that may be.

All he said was that he spent 60 dollars on ESET then saw a message not related to ESET, and then he spent some more dollars on Kaspersky.

Okidoki  :)

@fredster FYI, every vendor have trials available for users to download and try out before buying, that way you don't need to spend money on ehmm "garbage".

Great comment, at least constructive, ...come here Swex and get a ......

Regards Janus :-))

post-65-0-15175000-1388862190.png

Thank you Janus, and same to you my friend. It's hard to not use a bit of sarcasm when responding to a "complaint" like this.

I hope you get a nice Saturday evening  :)

A normal complaint might be.

I am unhappy with your product.

After installing my computer is having troubles. I want to get rid of ESET.

I am frusterated at your anti virus.

Your AV is horrible, i do not like it.

"Ripoff" & "Garbage" are more along the lines of attack, and also disheartening to future customers or potential prospects. Borderline slander as well.

The thread title could have been more catered to the thousands who come to read here and possibly enjoy one of the best anti-virus from the best security company around.

While passionate about ESET, i do not take lightly to negative comments. I usually want to help the person who is reporting or having issues. Its like an itch i have to scratch. :)

The original poster did not ask for help.

These forums are to provide help for issues. Not a complaint forum or a BBB application, although we see it here a lot, and that is ok, because this is free public forums.

Most bad experiences that come up here, drive me and encourage me to assist or help, and possibly change their minds.

While i can only speculate... i could create a scenario of someone that is loyal to another vendor, and wants to bash competition. Drive away prospects.

While not true in this case, it could be possible. :)

Also as you stated Swex, the spending habits stated by OP sound abnormal. Most would use the trials that every AV has first. Again every AV vendor has.

The best professional response here is by Marcos. Quite frankly no other responses are needed after his. My sarcastic response was to put a smile on people that come read because of the title "Ripoff "

:D

I would like to see the OP return and let us provide some assistance. However i am not sure he will, and this thread will close or retire. :unsure:

A normal complaint might be.

I am unhappy with your product.

After installing my computer is having troubles. I want to get rid of ESET.

I am frusterated at your anti virus.

Your AV is horrible, i do not like it.

"Ripoff" & "Garbage" are more along the lines of attack, and also disheartening to future customers or potential prospects. Borderline slander as well.

The thread title could have been more catered to the thousands who come to read here and possibly enjoy one of the best anti-virus from the best security company around.

While passionate about ESET, i do not take lightly to negative comments. I usually want to help the person who is reporting or having issues. Its like an itch i have to scratch. :)

The original poster did not ask for help.

These forums are to provide help for issues. Not a complaint forum or a BBB application, although we see it here a lot, and that is ok, because this is free public forums.

Most bad experiences that come up here, drive me and encourage me to assist or help, and possibly change their minds.

While i can only speculate... i could create a scenario of someone that is loyal to another vendor, and wants to bash competition. Drive away prospects.

While not true in this case, it could be possible. :)

Also as you stated Swex, the spending habits stated by OP sound abnormal. Most would use the trials that every AV has first. Again every AV vendor has.

The best professional response here is by Marcos. Quite frankly no other responses are needed after his. My sarcastic response was to put a smile on people that come read because of the title "Ripoff "

:D

I would like to see the OP return and let us provide some assistance. However i am not sure he will, and this thread will close or retire. :unsure:

I agree, and I too would like him to come back and ask for assistance and let someone help him in fixing the problem, but then I really doubt there is an actual problem to fix. If there indeed is something someone needs help with we can usually read about it in the first post, but that's obviously not the case here.  :)