ESET won't let me renew my license

I've sent them 3 emails already (one using a different email address than the first two attempts) and I still haven't heard from them.

When renewing, it seems like ESET requires a person to use the email address they used when they bought their original license. I tried to make a virgin purchase and I received some kind of error message. Which actually wasn't about the issue of using one's old account, but some ridiculous message about trade restrictions in my country (USA) or something. I tried again and I got the same message. Confused, I checked to see if anything was amiss and noticed an indication that they require one to use his original email address. I didn't use this address because said address is now gone. So, I referred to the help section and found the following item: What if I change my email address? I contacted them -- following the instructions on that page -- 3 times already, over the course of 4 months, and I still haven't heard from them.

I can't believe that I still haven't been able to renew my subscription (which of course translates to a sale for them); and I think it's ridiculous that a company would assign so much importance to an email address, considering the disposable nature of them.

Edited by 82296

• 3 weeks later...

Well, even after the above moderator looked into this, I still haven't heard from ESET in regard to their absolute necessity of using one's original email address to renew his subscription (save for alerting them of one's new address, which is what this incident is). So, I think the most logical choice for me is to switch to Kaspersky, because clearly ESET doesn't want me to renew my subscription. This incident can go down in the hall of shame of businesses.

Edited by 82296

Why are you placing so much emphasis on renewal?

This goes down in the hall of silly issues by clients.

Create a new email address. Place a NEW order.

Scrap trying to renew, just make a new purchase.

While Kaspersky has a good capture rate and research team; theyre software isnt what it used to be. Sorry for your troubles.

Were here if you still want assistance.

The only way I'm staying with ESET is if a free renewal of at least 60 days is expressed to me. I'll be damned if I'm going to continue to support a company that is so neglectful.

Arakasi: Create a new email address. Place a NEW order.
Scrap trying to renew, just make a new purchase.

Principally, there's something seriously wrong here...

Oh, by the way, I think I was actually unable to place a "NEW order". That's why I said, in my first post, "I tried to make a virgin purchase..." I think my personal details such as my name set off a red flag. So in order to effectively put this workaround into action, I would have to get a friend or family member to buy it on my behalf. How professional...

Edited by 82296

Let's start with what country you are from please sir ? :) ESET has local support in over 180 countries. We could find support close to you to fix everything on your list.

I know you feel neglected, but ESET is far from a neglectful company, there is much you are not informed about. :ph34r:

Sure having to create a new order or create a new email alias in order to buy a product feels like climbing a fence to get to it.

Sometimes mistakes happen or bugs / errors slow you down, don't forget we live in a human world. Sometimes there are explanations too.

I would encourage you to wait for another response from staff. :wub:

p.s. As a reseller i have had to create a new order for existing customers and scratched my head. Turns out the reason was clients 1st purchase was directly through eset, and eset does not take away prospects from other resellers. I was then happy to be setting up a new account with different information. :wub:

Monday afternoon. . .

Call: +1 (866) 343-3738  San Diego, CA USA Office

:)

If no one helps you, or you are unable to get your issue fixed.

Reply back here and ill contact someone higher up directly to look into your issue :)

Don't forget the time difference between New york and California :P

Thanks! Let's hope this works out. I also expect to receive a free grace period in addition to my purchase due to what I've had to deal with.

Telling them you expect something

1 year for free  :D

and nicely asking for a few weeks for your troubles will yield different results.  ;)

Yeah 1-3 months is probably more realistic  :)

Edited by SweX

Hello 82296, please do let us know how your dealing went. I just renewed last month and it went smooth. If I recall correctly, I dealt with Matt-but then my memory isn't what it used to be :unsure:.
I believe they use caller ID so if you're using the same phone number they should be able to pull your account with that.

Edited by TomFace