ESMC claims all PCs are running outdated software?

ESMC claims all PCs are running outdated software, in particular the ESET Remote Administrator 6.5. One of the PCs mentioned is my workstation, but according to APPWIZ.CPL, the only ESET products installed is Endpoint Antivirus and the Agent, both version 7.

Some PCs may well be running version 6.5 but I need to know which PCs specifically, otherwise I will have to manually go through each PC which is a waste of time.

Why is ESMC saying this and what can I do to only show the affected PCs?

Is ESMC reporting that these outdated machines have the 6.5 Agent still installed?

If that's the case, there are just two registry keys that need to be deleted that the v7 agent installation fails to remove.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\07F21F149AF55F34494F355BE44BEE4C"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4}"

Those registry keys have already been removed. I had to do that manually to my PC to remote the old Agent 6.5 entry from "Features and Programs". Since the entries were removed (over a month ago) the PC has been rebooted, as has the ESMC appliance.

• ESET Staff

Can you post a screenshot from the computer details of any affected computer, especially the section "installed applications" ?

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

Has this AGENT been restarted since registry keys were fixed? Otherwise it might take longer time until changes are detected. Is this client successfully connecting to ESMC Server?

The PC that the Agent resides on has been restarted numerous times since ESMC was installed and the Agent was upgraded.

ESMC claims all our servers are also running the v6 Agent, but they're not and they have been restarted recently too.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, Cousin Vinny said:

Is ESMC reporting that these outdated machines have the 6.5 Agent still installed?

If that's the case, there are just two registry keys that need to be deleted that the v7 agent installation fails to remove.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\07F21F149AF55F34494F355BE44BEE4C"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4}"

My apologies, I assumed the keys you mentioned were the ones I had already deleted, so now there are a total of 4 separate keys that the Agent installer fails to remove.

I have removed these additional keys and the problem has been resolved.

I trust (and hope) ESET has identified why this is occurring and will address in the next Agent release?