Uninstall task failing all the time

Hello,

ERA 6.5. I created uninstall task for Endpoint Security, but it's failing on all computers (win10) with error: "Task failed, try to uninstall software manually." 

Here is settings of the task:

Name Uninstall Endpoint Security
Description
Task Type Software Uninstall

Software uninstallation settings

Uninstall Application from list
Package name ESET Endpoint Security
Package version 6.6.2078.5
Automatically reboot when needed Yes

Targets and Triggers
Trigger Description <empty>
Execute ASAP

Targets
my1.computer.com

Trigger Description
<empty>
Execute ASAP

• ESET Staff

When you check the "history" on any of the machines, are there any details listed in the "trace" column? Any particular error code? Isn´t endpoint installation protected with password?

• ESET Staff

Could you please check and possibly provide software-uninstall.log from client machine? It will be stored in the same directory as AGENT's trace logs are. It contains full-verbosity MSIEXEC log from last uninstallation attempts, which might help to diagnose this issue.

14 hours ago, MichalJ said:

When you check the "history" on any of the machines, are there any details listed in the "trace" column? Any particular error code? Isn´t endpoint installation protected with password? 

Where I can see this history ?

14 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please check and possibly provide software-uninstall.log from client machine? It will be stored in the same directory as AGENT's trace logs are. It contains full-verbosity MSIEXEC log from last uninstallation attempts, which might help to diagnose this issue. 

Yes, it's saying something like "Error 5004. Continue to uninstall providing password". Where in Policies I can find this "Password Protection" settings ? And if Policy applied to group, could it be better if  I move Computer to another group for uninstall ? What If policy applied to dynamic group ?

Edited by Einok

• ESET Staff

Either remove (unassign) the policy. Moving to a different group is a good choice, but I will simply create a policy with password protection switched off and assigned to computers which you want to uninstall.

36 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Either remove (unassign) the policy. Moving to a different group is a good choice, but I will simply create a policy with password protection switched off and assigned to computers which you want to uninstall.

If policy assigned to dynamic group "Windows Computers", how I can assign policy without password protection to windows computer, seems to be it will always in that group ? 

• ESET Staff

So either change the policy. If you assign a policy directly to a computer (computer = target), it will over-write settings set by policy which is targetting a dynamic group.

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

So either change the policy. If you assign a policy directly to a computer (computer = target), it will over-write settings set by policy which is targetting a dynamic group.

Well, tried to do this: created a new policy without password, assigned directly to needed computer (now shows as policy assigned, among others). Then trying to do uninstall again, got same error about password.

• ESET Staff

In case you want to uninstall password-protected endpoint, you have technically two possibilities:

• disable password protection prior to uninstallation (i.e. steps you have most probably tried without success)
  • Add parameter PASSWORD=<password> to ESMC uninstallation task configuration (see  KB6773 for more details)

I would recommend to use seconds variant, especially in case you know the password. In case password is not known, you will have to change it/or disable using configuration policies