Changing the MDM replication port on ERA server

Is it possible to change the replication port for MDM on the ERA (6.5.522) server?

When installing ERA it wasn’t possible to change this port.

I’ve changed it post install for ERA Server and Agents, then run Change/Repair on the Agent in Programs and Features to change it for the ERA Agent, but if I run Change/Repair for MDM there is no option for the Host or Port Number.

Is there some other way to change this from the default 2222?

Thanks.

• ESET Staff

Port is configurable in server settings.

Connection => Security Management Center port (require restart!)

However please read kb first, Otherwise you may loose conectivity permanently (and have to reinstall).

https://support.eset.com/kb3701/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Yes I've changed the port there, and I've changed the port for the ERA Agent on both the ERA server and clients, and I've changed the port for any relevant firewalls.

The ERA Agents are reporting back successfully, no issues there.

The problem is Eset Remote Administrator Mobile Device Connector isn't connecting back to the ERA server (installed on the ERA server).

If I go to status.html in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\MDMCore\Logs\Proxy\ it's still trying to connect on port 2222.

• ESET Staff

If Agent which is on same computer as MDM is connecting to ESMC you can create policy which will be applied to MDM. We transfer MDM policy via managing Agent.

If Agent which is on same computer as MDM is not connecting you may need to reinstall it and continue with policy.

HTH

This is on ERA 6.5.522.

I selected Mobile Device Connector when installing ERA Server. TBH I haven't even looked at how this works yet.

Everything was fine until I changed the port number. Now my ERA server in ERA console is reporting connection problems for MDC and the status log is reporting unable to connect on port 2222. I tried a 'Repair' install same as I ran for the ERA Agent to reset the port but there was no option for the Host or port number.

If I simply do an uninstall of 'Eset Remote Administrator Mobile Device Connector' from Programs and Features, restart server, then reinstall again using the MDC installer MDMCore_x64.exe, will this screw anything up with ERA Server, and will this give me the option to specify the Host and Port Number during reinstall?

• ESET Staff

Yes you can do re-install as well, however configuring server connection via policy would work as well.

If You have mobile devices enrolled you can select option to keep database and use it during re-installation. (not recommended scenario however)

> I tried a 'Repair' install same as I ran for the ERA Agent to reset the port but there was no option for the Host or port number

Will create improvement for this.

3 minutes ago, LegacyConnectorSupport said:

However configuring server connection via policy would work as well.

So;

Create a new policy for 'ESET Mobile Device Connector' in Admin/Policies in ERA Server, just adding the server as 'localhost:newportnumber' in Edit for the setting 'Servers to connect to', then assign this policy to the ERA server itself.

Is this correct? Leaving all other settings in the policy unselected.

• ESET Staff

Almost there :)

Yes create a policy for 'ESET Mobile Device Connector' however You'll have to assign it to the computer where MDM is installed (not where ERA server is)