AntiSpam logging and Quarantine

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Greetings,

Running Eset for Exchange, version 4.5.10015.0 and recently our logging and quarantine has stopped working for spam mailings.

I am getting an error within the application log of the server that says the following:

Eset Reporting Service

XmonAgent: invalid scanner handle

Also seeing this error:

ESET Reporting Service

XmonSmtpAgent: Invalid scanner handle

Any ideas as what this error is and why I am receiving it?

Thanks a bunch

• ESET Moderators

I have never seen such error and I also could not find any similar older ticket. We will have to obtain some logs, then request some help from the developers to help us what this might be about and what additional files they actually need.

In EMSX enable diagnostic logging: open Advanced settings (F5) and go to Tools > Log files. Change Minimum logging verbosity to Diagnostic records and confirm with OK. Now enter Advanced settings again (F5) and go to Server protection > Log files. Enable Synchronized writing without using cache and Log diagnostic information; confirm with OK. Then reproduce the problem again (i.e. reboot the server or just let it idle and fill the log with error entries).

Now get us the following files:
- warnlog.dat
- XmonCom.dat
- spamlog.dat
- Output of the PowerShell commands: Get-TransportAgent and Get-TransportPipeline

After this is done, do not forget to disable diagnostic logging or it might affect performance of the mail server. Then upload the archive with log file to safe location and send me a private message with download link and password.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution
Hello Mwalters,

It seems that the behavior is caused by issue during loading transport agent dll, causing the errors in your log.

- Please try to unregister the agent (untick checkbox Server protection/Microsoft Exchange Server/Transport agent/Start transport agent automatically)

- Wait for 2 minutes or more

- Register the agent (tick checkbox Server protection/Microsoft Exchange Server/Transport agent/Start transport agent automatically)

- Wait for 2 minutes or more and send some test messages

In case the issue will reoccur please provide us with:

Application event log in native format 

SysInspector log