PC Name Change

Hi Support,

I've changed the device name (within Windows) of a PC, but several days later it's still called the old name in ERA. Is there a way to get the new name refreshed in ERA?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

You can use a "computer rename task" targeted to a specific group, that will rename all computer names in that group, based on the defined computer. This can be located in admin/server tasks. I assume, you are using version 6 of ERA.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, using ERA6. The task checks to see if the computer has been renamed? Just to be sure.

Also, I have added several OUs in Active Directory, but the ERA structure does not reflect the changes. Is there a way to get ERA to update those as well?

• ESET Staff

Concerning the first question - yes, it checks the current FQDN reported by the Agent, and changes DB name entry accordingly.

For the other quesiton, for that you have "Active Directory Synchronization task" as well located within the "Server Tasks" section.

Thanks, got them. They're specifically called "Rename Computers" and "Static Group Synchronization".

• ESET Staff

Sorry for incorrect names, I do not have ERA 6.5 at my disposal, so was not sure about correct naming :) But glad that you found them.