Block ALL connections of ALL software, excluding some software

Guest MrTiz

Sorry for my bad english, but I am italian and I dont speak english very well.

I want to block all connections of all PC software, including system software, but excluding some software. The software that I decided, must have internet connection, all other existing processes and non-existent, must not have the internet connection. How can I do?

Good day MrTiz

Below are the two modes i would set the firewall for the scenario you have described.

Click Setup -> Personal firewall and then click Advanced Personal firewall setup... at the bottom of the main program window.

From the Filtering Mode drop-down menu on the right, select the desired filtering mode and click OK

Policy-based mode

In Policy-based mode, network communication is handled according to rules given by the administrator. If there is no rule available, the connection is automatically blocked and the user sees no warning message. We recommend that you select the Policy-based mode only if you are an administrator who intends to control the network communication, and you are sure you know which applications should be allowed or denied.

OR

Interactive mode

In Interactive mode, network communication is handled according to predefined rules. If there is no rule available for a connection, the user is prompted in a dialog window to allow or deny the connection. After some time, the user will have created a group of rules fitting his or her needs. Use caution when choosing this mode for a corporate environment, as after time, some users may ignore the regularly appearing dialog windows and just allow everything they are prompted for by the program.

( Choose this and deny everything except the programs you want )

Hope this helps :)

If you also need help on creating the rules and exclusions, just post back here and i will create a breakdown with pictures to follow.

Thanks

Edited by Arakasi

Good day MrTiz

Below are the two modes i would set the firewall for the scenario you have described.

Click Setup -> Personal firewall and then click Advanced Personal firewall setup... at the bottom of the main program window.

From the Filtering Mode drop-down menu on the right, select the desired filtering mode and click OK

Policy-based mode

In Policy-based mode, network communication is handled according to rules given by the administrator. If there is no rule available, the connection is automatically blocked and the user sees no warning message. We recommend that you select the Policy-based mode only if you are an administrator who intends to control the network communication, and you are sure you know which applications should be allowed or denied.

OR

Interactive mode

In Interactive mode, network communication is handled according to predefined rules. If there is no rule available for a connection, the user is prompted in a dialog window to allow or deny the connection. After some time, the user will have created a group of rules fitting his or her needs. Use caution when choosing this mode for a corporate environment, as after time, some users may ignore the regularly appearing dialog windows and just allow everything they are prompted for by the program.

( Choose this and deny everything except the programs you want )

Hope this helps :)

If you also need help on creating the rules and exclusions, just post back here and i will create a breakdown with pictures to follow.

Thanks

I' m sorry, but it doesn't work... :(

Try clicking the "Toggle application tree view" link and then edit / delete the desired rules.

I' m sorry, but it doesn't work...  :(