2012R2 Upgrades to V7 report email protection by client plugins is non-functional

image.png.3c709f1c0af88fd7ae1fd658809dff7c.png

Uninstall and reinstall generally fixes it, but I've had it on a number of systems now and of course it requires another restart of the server

John

Edited by Command IT

• Administrators

Do you actually have any of the supported email clients installed on the server? Please provide also ELC logs from the machine.

No, there's no email clients on any of the servers I've had this on. I'll need to get another machine to fail so I can grab the logs.  I've already reinstalled on the ones that have failed so far.

John 

• 3 weeks later...

@Command IT, I just performed the same upgrade (although through ERA), and I'm experiencing the same issue.  I haven not yet opened a support case.  Before I do, I thought I'd see if you were able to determine the root cause with support?

Luis

Edited by LuisC

Found that the policy that got carried over from previous versions had "Email Client Integration" under "Email Client Protection" disabled. Even though there were no email clients installed, enabling the mail client integration cleared the error.

John