Internet Security keeps scanning my files at startup

I have Internet security 11.2.49.0 and every time I turn on my pc it is scanning my files. I have disabled all scannings in scheduled tasks, I have disabled every option at objects to check in Threatsense for startup scanning in advanced settings but it keeps scanning at startup. It is really annoying. What can I do to stop it?

• Administrators

First of all, it is a fundamental functionality of an antivirus to scan files that are accessed or executed. Please elaborate more on what kind of scan you mean. Is it that you see an on-demand scan being run under Computer scan in the main gui?

Note that it's vital to keep automatic startup scan in scheduler enabled. Otherwise it could happen that malware could run undetected, or malware in certain locations, such as the WMI repository, will not be detected and cleaned.

You didn't understand both of you. Every time I boot Windows Eset IS shows up and starts scanning all my files automatically. It is a scan that I never asked for.

• Administrators

Please post a screen shot. Isn't the scan called Initial scan? It's run automatically after installation but it can be stopped and it won't run again next time. Please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that I can check what tasks you have in Scheduler.

Here are the screenshots. They are in Greek but I think that you will manage to unsterstand what is going on. I did some translations, I am not sure if the english version uses the same words. The first one, 11.png, is the scanning. This is what I see automatically every time I turn on my pc with doing absolutely nothing, neither the mouse is moved. It is just saying "computer scan". The second file, 22.png, is scheduled tasks and the last one is advanced settings for startup scan.

11.png

22.png

33.png

4 minutes ago, galaxy said:

You've disabled all the protection features out there that could cause that. The Last picture

I disabled all of them when the problem started. They were all enabled and I disabled them trying to find a way to stop that scan.

EDIT: I enabled the two first options and heuristic analysis.

Edited by doctorWho

5 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Please activate everything and start your PC again

I told it before, let me tell it one more time: everything was activated by default. I had changed nothing. After noticing those startup scans, I disabled all these settings. So, there is no reason to turn them back on until I find out how to disable that scanning.

Edited by doctorWho

What you can do is use Revo Uninstaller and re-install ESET If everything doesn't help, you're the only user here in the forum who has the problem

Edited by galaxy

I did what you said, uninstallation of the program using REVO uninstaller (advanced mode), restart and reinstallation. It did an initial scan that took several hours and now, every time I open my computer, 3-4 seconds after my desktop appears, the program's window pops up and it opens my web browser with this page: https://help.eset.com/eis/11.2/el-GR/idh_page_scan.html (it is https://help.eset.com/eis/11.2/en-US/idh_page_scan.html the one in english). Every time the same thing happens. I did not change any setting, I just added some files to exclude them from scanning.

Edited by doctorWho

On 8/21/2018 at 6:58 AM, Marcos said:

Please post a screen shot. Isn't the scan called Initial scan? It's run automatically after installation but it can be stopped and it won't run again next time. Please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that I can check what tasks you have in Scheduler.

If the issue is still occurring, I would recommend following Marcos's instructions. If the ELC log is too large to send to him in a PM, upload it to a cloud service (such as OneDrive...etc) and PM him the link. To send him a PM, just hover over his name and then select "Message".

Best Regards.

Tom

Edited by TomFace

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again. I didn't let it do the initial scan as I let it before, as I said above. It is doing nothing weird till now so I think there is nothing to be found in the log to be sent but I noticed two computers at work (we have the same product installed there) doing the same thing, after startup ESET does a computer scan. Unfortunately, the boss doesn't allow any data to be collected and sent to Marcos, so, we must find something else to do. I cannot do uninstallation of the program there too as I do not have direct access  to them, I only do a very quick job via Team Viewer and they cannot be restarted at working hours.

• Administrators

You can try at least temporarily disabling startup scan tasks in Scheduler, however, even if it made a difference don't consider it a solution. The startup scan is an important protection feature that also scans vulnerable locations that cannot be scanned by other scanners, such as the WMI repository.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can try at least temporarily disabling startup scan tasks in Scheduler, however, even if it made a difference don't consider it a solution. The startup scan is an important protection feature that also scans vulnerable locations that cannot be scanned by other scanners, such as the WMI repository.

I have disabled startup scan tasks with no success. When you say "other scanners" you mean other programs?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, doctorWho said:

I have disabled startup scan tasks with no success. When you say "other scanners" you mean other programs?

I meant especially real-time protection and the on-demand scanner.
Would it be possible to provide me with an exported configuration of the installed ESET product at least?