HTTP ERROR 404 after Upgrade 6.5 to 7

Hi,

we are using Windows Server 2012 R2 thats why i open an new topic.

After the tomcat update and copying the old files back i get 404 

Java is version 8

Era webapp directory exists.

Where can i find the problem?

I don´t see any errors in the logs

Thanks

Dominik

• ESET Staff

Could you try to re-deploy era.war manually? You just have to download era.war manually and extract it in webapps directory. It can be even differently named directory, but you have to use directory name in URL in your browser. Upgrading tomcat should be working without need of manually restoring configuration files or deployed console -> or you migrated to completely different version?

Have you checked tomcat logs, available in c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\logs\ ?

31 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Have you checked tomcat logs, available in c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\logs\ ?

tomcat7-stderr.2018-08-21.log and tomcat7-stdout.2018-08-21.log is empty

service-install.log and commons-daemon.2018-08-21.log no errors

I set logging level to debug

31 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Could you try to re-deploy era.war manually? You just have to download era.war manually and extract it in webapps directory. It can be even differently named directory, but you have to use directory name in URL in your browser. Upgrading tomcat should be working without need of manually restoring configuration files or deployed console -> or you migrated to completely different version?

I completly deleted the era direcory an download the era.war standalone and extractet it. restartet tomcat several times

i used https://support.eset.com/KB6925/ 

Alway get 

https://server:8443/era/index.html.

HTTP ERROR 404

even if i create a index.htm with 123 as contend i get 404

There is one point that says, You need to backup + restore file within webapp folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\era\WEB-INF\classes\sk\eset\era\g2webconsole\server\modules\config\EraWebServerConfig.properties

and more...

Look at 5. Upgrade Apache Tomcat and install ESMC 7 Web console :

Restore .keystore, server.xml and EraWebServerConfig.properties to their original locations.

I belive You did that right ?

Edited by Pinni3

14 minutes ago, Michelle911 said:

I had the same problem and solved mine by uninstalling tomcat (back up files in directions first), deleting directory, reinstalling tomcat and restoring said files.

did the same several times

3 hours ago, Runningback81 said:

did the same several times

Did you install Tomcat with the Eset installer or as a standalone? My first couple tries was with the standalone and it did not work. I then uninstalled Tomcat and ran the Eset installer - checked "ESET Security Management Center Webconsole" which has Tomcat included and it then I could log into it and update the rest of the components..