Problem with Web Control EES Version 7

Trooper311

Hi everyone,

So I upgraded two endpoints today from version 6.6.2086.1 to 7.0.2073.1.

Both are showing errors on both the console and the endpoint that Web Control is non-functional.  (See attached pic).

Also if you go to the update portion no update has been run, (see attached pic). 

It states that the Product is not activated when indeed it is.  I even sent an activation task to the endpoints to no avail.

Thoughts on this one folks?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Both machines are Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Edition and are fully patched.

error.PNG

error1.PNG

good day

we have same situation, today we installed Eset File Security 7.0.12014 on two 2016 Servers and see error.  Modules update failed.  Any solutions? 

11 minutes ago, Pinni3 said:

There will be no update untill product is activated. Try to activate it by admin credentials to ELA

product activated, or else it will not do update from ERA

Product activation have nothing to do with upgrades from ERA. ERA/ESMC just holds licence information and sync it to ELA. If client says its not activated, then its not activated. ERA server show You informations that agent's send to the console.

1 hour ago, Pinni3 said:

Product activation have nothing to do with upgrades from ERA. ERA/ESMC just holds licence information and sync it to ELA. If client says its not activated, then its not activated. ERA server show You informations that agent's send to the console.

we talking about situation where updates successfully downloaded (from activated Eset FileSecurity server) but modules show failed update,  this behavior we can see in new v7, and asking what should we do to solve this problem.

ERA ver is 6.5.522, should we install V7 security center ( I guess this is new name for ERA) or?

Edited by bauavssft

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, enable update engine and network protection advanced logging
- Reboot the computer
- Stop logging
- Collect logs with ELC and provide me with the generated archive.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

- In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, enable update engine and network protection advanced logging
- Reboot the computer
- Stop logging
- Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide me with the generated archive.

we solved problem by creating AOI for srv and pc and no more module failed issue

our problem was in agent ver, that was older, eset V7 need last agent ver 6.5.522. Our ver was 6.4.283 this was cause of the issue.

Was wrong, issue still exists, will collect logs

Edited by bauavssft
issue still exist

Finaly solved problem by upgrading 6 ver on ERA server where we have mirror, to v7 and module update failed disappeared. Now everething works fine. 

This thread helped.  Thanks. 

/topic/14297-modules-update-failed/