error HTTP 404 – Not Found afeter upgrade era 6 to 7

Hello

I just upgrade my debian serveur era 6 to 7 with this topic : https://support.eset.com/kb6734/#server

i download server component and web-console

no error during the steps, but i have no acces to the web-console, error 404. the agent eset security on my windows connect to the server (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs), the server send mail notification like before

any clue ?

thanks and sorry for my english :)

snip_20180820161612.png

Edited by caudryinfo

• ESET Staff

Could you please verify that directory c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\era\ exists on machine where console is installed? If so, please verify you are using at least Java8, which is new minimal requirement.

In case directory is completely missing, even after some time, please deploy console manually, following documentation.

its a linux server

the directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/era exist (i unzip the archive era.war as the tuto say)

root@infv0032:~# dpkg -l | grep -i java

ii  ca-certificates-java                 20140324                             all          Common CA certificates (JKS keystore)
ii  java-common                          0.52                                 all          Base of all Java packages
ii  libatk-wrapper-java                  0.30.5-1                             all          ATK implementation for Java using JNI
ii  libatk-wrapper-java-jni:amd64        0.30.5-1                             amd64        ATK implementation for Java using JNI (JNI bindings)
ii  libcommons-dbcp-java                 1.4-5                                all          Database Connection Pooling Services
ii  libcommons-pool-java                 1.6-2                                all          pooling implementation for Java objects
ii  libecj-java                          3.10.1-1                             all          Eclipse Java compiler (library)
ii  libservlet3.0-java                   7.0.56-3+really7.0.90-1              all          Servlet 3.0 and JSP 2.2 Java API classes
ii  libtomcat7-java                      7.0.56-3+really7.0.90-1              all          Servlet and JSP engine -- core libraries
ii  openjdk-7-jre:amd64                  7u181-2.6.14-1~deb8u1                amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT
ii  openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64         7u181-2.6.14-1~deb8u1                amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)
ii  tzdata-java                          2018e-0+deb8u1                       all          time zone and daylight-saving time data for use by java runtimes

• ESET Staff
58 minutes ago, caudryinfo said:

ii  libtomcat7-java                      7.0.56-3+really7.0.90-1              all          Servlet and JSP engine -- core libraries

ii  openjdk-7-jre:amd64                  7u181-2.6.14-1~deb8u1                amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT
ii  openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64         7u181-2.6.14-1~deb8u1                amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)

It seems problem will be with Java version, as you have only v7 installed. Any chance there is also v8 available in distribution repositories?

• ESET Staff
12 minutes ago, caudryinfo said:

No update available with apt update

I will try to find depot manually or update sourve.list if possible

In case you are using Debian 8, openjdk-8 should be available in jessie-backports repository.

I'm using Windows based installation and after moving the backup files from previous installation (as mentioned in upgrade tutorial) I had to restart the tomcat server. It solved 404 problem in my case. 

my boss (more skilled on linux than me) use an oracle jdk 8 .deb ton install java8 (maybe he shouldn't ???)

my web console is back on line but i can't login with previous password

windows era agent can't connect to the server

i try to use : /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/installer_backup.sh --skip-license --server-root-password='env:NEW_PASSWORD'

(i set the variable before)

but i got an error too

for jedi87pl

I'm using Windows based installation and after moving the backup files from previous installation (as mentioned in upgrade tutorial) I had to restart the tomcat server. It solved 404 problem in my case.  

before trying java8, i restart tomcat more than once but thx

snip_20180821084824.png

snip_20180821085208.png

Edited by caudryinfo

• ESET Staff

Could you please verify MySQL (mysqld) is running on that machine? It should not be affected by java installation or upgrade .. maybe there was also OS update performed?

it seems to be ok

snip_20180821090718.png

"netstat -tap | grep mysql" do not show anything (was looking at a guide to config mysql for eset, https://help.eset.com/era_install/64/en-US/index.html?mysql_configuration.htm)

0 result too with "ps aux | grep -i mysql"

in this guide, it talk about mysql 5.6. should i upgrade mysql too ?

Edited by caudryinfo

i try to do the step at 9. but i got some error message from mysql

we do a lot of thing (upgrade mysql to 5.6 and many other things) with no succes, so i decide to backup my VM before all the era/EMSC upgrade

is there a guide with prerequis for upgrade to era 7 ?

with the backup i'm on mysql 5.5, java 7.181, tomcat7.0.56, debian 8.11

I did same upgrade yesterday. All You have to do is upgrade java up to version 8.

Then You need to :

1) stop tomcat

2) move Your era webapp directory to other location (there is one config file You will need after upgrade)

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/era/WEB-INF/classes/sk/eset/era/g2webconsole/server/modules/config/EraWebServerConfig.properties

3 unpack era.war to same location as older one was (and copy there file I mentioned in point 2)

4) run installation of era server : ./era_serv_file.sh --skip-licence

5) start tomcat

6) run point 9 of instruction I pasted

7) log into console and generate new agent installer for linux, download it and install

And You are ready to go

Edited by Pinni3

upgrade java 8 :

add deb hxxp://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main to /etc/apt/sources.list

wget hxxp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/ca-certificates-java/ca-certificates-java_20180516_all.deb

dpkg -i ca-certificates-java_20180516_all.deb

apt install openjdk-8-jre-headless openjdk-8-jre

seems ok to me

i will now fallow the steps

Please check also : java -version

It should look like this :

# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-8u171-b11-1~bpo8+1-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)

If not :

update-alternatives --config java

and set Your default java to proper version

root@infv0032:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-8u171-b11-1~bpo8+1-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)

to unpack era.war, i must be log as tomcat or root ?

Edited by caudryinfo

I was looged as root, just copy era.war to destination path and execute

jar xvf era.war

Remember to restore

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/era/WEB-INF/classes/sk/eset/era/g2webconsole/server/modules/config/EraWebServerConfig.properties

thats done

the .sh script is on his way

Cleaning database scripts from path: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/Database
Extracting archive, please wait...
Archive extracted to /tmp/tmp.6tQFgCbUqP.
Checking OpenSSL ... done [OpenSSL 1.0.1t 3 May 2016]
Reading previous installation settings ... done
Checking installed version... done
Status of current installation is: UPGRADE
Checking database connection ... done
Loading GUID ... done [GUID = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
Skipping certificates generation.
Skipping static groups synchronization scheduling.
Stopping service... Stopping running instance of eraserver.service
Preparing database upgrade ... done
Upgrading database ... done
Storing ports into configuration ... done
Moving scripts from '/tmp/tmp.6tQFgCbUqP/setup/Scripts' to /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/Scripts/... done
Moving ESET Modules from '/tmp/tmp.6tQFgCbUqP/setup/Modules' to /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/Modules/... done
Creating 'config' directory path: /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Creating 'libs' directory path: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Creating 'data' directory path: /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Creating 'Pki Cache' directory path: /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/pki.eset.com/
Creating 'logs' directory path: /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Moving LangData.dat to /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/Localization/LangData.dat... done
Extracting ReportPrinter files... done
Creating startup configuration file /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/StartupConfiguration.ini ... done
Creating config file /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/config.cfg ... done
Backing up contents of /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Copying files to target destination: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server
Copying installer to target destination: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/installer_backup.sh
File ownership set to: root:root
Setting auto-start service...
Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/eraserver.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/eraserver.service to /etc/systemd/system/eraserver.service.
Skipping SELinux policy installation.
Removed backup directory: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/.Server-662236630
Product installed.

i have to do the 9. ? even with no error related to insufficient rights when upgrading ?

Edited by caudryinfo

Yes because without it You will not be able to get console connect to db. Please use Your root admin password and just add those privileges to user used for db connection.

If You cant remember what was user called, it can be restored from :

/etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/StartupConfiguration.ini

I need to install era agent on the server (it was never done before)

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/latest/agent-linux-x86_64.sh

chmod 777 ./agent-linux-x86_64.sh
  388  ./agent-linux-x86_64.sh --skip-license --hostname=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX --port=2222 --webconsole-user=Administrator --webconsole-password=XXXXXXX --webconsole-port=2223

now, i'm on generate the client task on the console to complete the upgrade

i will make a full history of the command i use to help other with same debian/java version

Edited by caudryinfo

No. You must login into Your console and go into installers. Then You need to prepare new agent installer. When You finish (remember to hit IP adress instead of name..., if You have that server name in Your local dns You can put name) download version for linux. It will be as sh file with Your console IP and certifcate...Just launch that sh file generated from console...thats it