Hi,

It has been a long time since I have used Eset and the last version I used was Eset Smart Security 8. I see now that there is Eset Internet Security and Eset Smart Security Premium. At the monent I have installed ESET Smart Security 10.1.245.0 because I do not honestly know if my ESS license will work in ESS Premium 11or EIS 11..sorry for that.

I do not see ESS now either thus I used a later version. It is activated now and it is until 8/11/2019. 

I know this seems a bit newbie but I really do not know thus I seek your help here. 

Also way back I remember that I can use my ESS license for EsetNOD32 AV...am I correct there? I seem to remember that it can be...I wanna ask if it is the same now? EIS or ESS Premium can be used for EsetNOD32 AV...?

Best regards

:)

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET Smart Security is now called ESET Internet Security. ESET Smart Security Premium is EIS + Password manager and Data encryption module. For differences between products, please read https://www.eset.com/int/home/for-windows/.

Thanks Sir for your help. I really was confused. Does this mean I can use my "unused" ESS 10 license with EIS Sir..?

Also, can you comment on this please Sir,

Also way back I remember that I can use my ESS license for EsetNOD32 AV...am I correct there? I seem to remember that it can be...I wanna ask if it is the same now? EIS or ESS Premium can be used for EsetNOD32 AV...?

It's really been quite a while since I used Eset. I actually lost my licenses due to a fire that took our house way back 2009. I just happen to check the old hard drive that previously did not work but to my surprise it did last week so I was able to salvage some data from it. 

Thanks again for your help and will be waiting for your reply. 

:)

Edited by BjorgBjorn

Hello BjorgBjorn and welcome to the forum. As Marcos said ESS is now EIS and yes you can use your ESS license (if it's still valid) for EIS or NOD32. ESSP is the new "high priced" version of ESS. Think of it in a cost perspective way. You can stay the same or go to NOD32, but an upgrade to ESSP would require some sort of (sales$$) contact with your distributor/reseller. And yes a ESSP license should be able to be used for NOD32 as well.

Best regards.

Edited by TomFace

I sent an email to sales/support sometime last month. There was NO concrete reply from them stating that I contact the region where the license originated. But as mentioned I just happen to salvage an old HDD from an old desktop that is now not working (from the fire that took down our place). The other data from which it originated is gone. I just took a chance and by the grace of the angels it worked. Thanks all for the help. I got it here and not from support!

I also updated to EIS 11 now!