install Windows 10 v1803

Maxx2777

I am attempting to do an upgrade install of Win 10v1803 from Win 7 via usb thumb created via Windows download tool.  It gets all the way to end of installation, says "your pc will reboot", and does reboot, but prompts error of "0xC1900101-0x20017 Installation failed in the SAFE.OS phase with an error during Boot operation".  This pc has 4.9.4 client installed.  I ran the setup.exe file using the /reflectdrivers command:

e:\setup.exe /reflectdrivers "c:\program files\deslock+"

I also tried installing v1803 using the deslockWin10+updater but that keeps returning error "invalid command"

This pc has all current Windows updates and drivers.

Thanks.

just more details:  after it reboots, i log into the encryption screen, the Windows 10 logo shows with cycling dots; the keyboard layout selection screen shows; i select US, then the Windows 10 Choose an Option screen shows with the typical options. One option is to "exit and continue with Windows 7"; i chose "Use another operating system";  then 3 tiles show, Windows 7, one untitled tile, and Windows 10; i chose Windows 10, it rebooted, i signed into deslock, it rebooted again, i signed into deslock, and it started Windows 7

update: while it then started to boot Windows 7, it stated "setup is preparing your computer for first use"; then a windows stating the "we couldn't install Windows 10, 0xC1900101-0x20017 Installation failed in the SAFE.OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

• 3 weeks later...

I've also tried using the deslock Win10 updater tool; after opening that, and choosing the setup.exe file, the Windows 10 splash window shows for a few seconds, then 2 messages show:  "setup couldn't start properly, please reboot your pc and try running the Windows 10 Setup again", "there was an error launching the Windows 10 Upgrade"; i get those two messages whether I use the new beta version of the Updater Tool, or the previous version.

I'd backup files, document apps, format and install W10 clean.

Might initially seem like this is the more time consuming way to do it, but it only takes one glitch to blow out an upgrade, and it's never going to be as clean as a fresh install.

• 1 month later...