Remote Management Version 7

We updated our Server yesterday to v7, the process of manual update is flawless and worked well 

i just got two points:

- first the translation to German has a small hickup :) It says at the Agent correctly "Neueste Version" (newest Version) but at the Client it says "neues Fenster" what would be translated to "new window", i dont think this is correct :)

- the second point and the bigger thing for me is, it says for the Agent it is the newest Version, but it actually isnt it should be Version 7

after the manual update (running the Serverx64.msi) of the Server i also did afterwards a Component upgrade task but alos on the Server it still says the Agent 6.5 is the newest Version

Could you point me in the right direction, i think iam missing something

thanks in advance

2018-08-17 08_46_29-Window.png

• ESET Staff

Could you please verify your Server version is 7.0.553.0 and that there are not errors related to communication with ESET repository servers? Also it might take some time new versions are detected, but should not be longer than hour in case communication works correctly.

5 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Could you please verify your Server version is 7.0.553.0 and that there are not errors related to communication with ESET repository servers? Also it might take some time new versions are detected, but should not be longer than hour in case communication works correctly.

Thank you for your fast reply.

please see attached screenshots, all should be fine.

Sorry translation is missing, for my next post i will switch the console to english ^^

second screenshot states "Repository connected" and "UpdateServer connected"

2018-08-17 10_12_52-Window.png

2018-08-17 10_13_37-Window.png

Edited by OneIT
Translation

• ESET Staff

Actually I just realized, that it is how it is configured to behave, until we enable automatic upgrades. If you create new installers, or run components upgrade task, it will use correct version, but it won't notify you of new version, as it was notifying you for new ESMC server...

ohhh ok i see...so if i recreate the upgrade components and software install Tasks it will use the v7 correct ?

• ESET Staff
On 8/17/2018 at 10:24 AM, OneIT said:

ohhh ok i see...so if i recreate the upgrade components and software install Tasks it will use the v7 correct ?

We have received report that it does not work properly, so we will have to reconfigure repository server for components upgrade task to work properly.

Regarding localization issue, I have moved it to responsible persons. Actually there should have been "" (= empty string) shown instead of "Neues Fenster"...

• ESET Staff
8 hours ago, OneIT said:

Thanks for the response, is there a time frame when i can try it again or do you drop a quick Post here ?

Could you please verify new configuration works as expected? You should see Agent in list of outdated applications now, and components upgrade task, with target set to ESMC 7.0 should upgrade Agent to version 7.0.*.0 (based on platform).

5 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Could you please verify new configuration works as expected? You should see Agent in list of outdated applications now, and components upgrade task, with target set to ESMC 7.0 should upgrade Agent to version 7.0.*.0 (based on platform).

confirmed ! :) thank you for your support !

both is working as expected, Agent is shown as outdated and component upgrade task updates to Ver. 7 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Pan Bambaryla said:

How to select all outdated agents and run upgrade task on these machines only?

Haven't tried it but this expression should work:

image.png

Unfortunately the result of this expression run on group of all machnes is null. Of course I have added this dynamic group template to a newly created dynamic group.

How long should I wait for populating this dynamic group with computer names?

EDIT1: BTW - the other dynamic group is also empty (outdated modules).

EDIT2: OK, it started populating. It looks like it does not make select on database but waits for agent connection.

Edited by Pan Bambaryla
More information added

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, Pan Bambaryla said:

How long should I wait for populating this dynamic group with computer names?

Every AGENT has to make at least one successful connection, because dynamic groups are evaluated on client. Every time you update dynamic group template definition, it is considered as new version and SERVER will be waiting for new responses from AGENTs. For the way how it works, content of group as you see it console is just informative, as state on client which is relevant for executing task might change multiple times between AGENT connections.

It's clear to me now. Thanks for the info.

Anyway - I always thought it would be much simpler to use database which is already fullfilled with computers' data and therefore this could present information right away and eventually change itself after the agent's next contact. The goal is the same but result is offhand and also dynamic as expected.

Could you please consider changing dynamic grups behaviour?

Thanks. Best, Bam.

• Administrators

The current design enables computers to be autonomous without connection to ERA. E.g. if a user takes a notebook outside the corporate network, if an active malware has been detected and a policy disconnects the machine from network, etc.

• ESET Staff

We are currently tracking such improvement, as it was required couple of times, however as of now, it´s a bit lower in the backlog, due to the larger, conceptual change, that is needed. But we completely understand the use-case, and therefore desire for such improvement.