SM03

'Update or remove incompatible applications' in latest google chrome for EIS

Today, I noticed this for the first time while I open the google chrome. Any idea why this is showing & what I should do

Screenshot (105).png

Something caused Chrome to crash and since ESET was injected in it, Chrome reported it as incompatible even if ESET might not have been the culprit.

EDIT, delete this comment

Edited by SM03
Duplicate

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Something caused Chrome to crash and since ESET was injected in it, Chrome reported it as incompatible even if ESET might not have been the culprit.

Wired.
I've been using Chrome & ESET since the very beginning of each of these products & never seen this kind of incompatibility issue in between this, neither seen anyone to report such. Where can I report this to the ESET officials to fix this?

You don't have to report it to ESET because it was not necessarily ESET that caused the crash. It might have been another 3rd party software which attempted to inject into Chrome, causing it to crash.

It's actually a new feature in recent Chrome versions that report 3rd party applications as incompatible in the event of a crash. Future versions of Chrome will block injection completely.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You don't have to report it to ESET because it was not necessarily ESET that caused the crash. It might have been another 3rd party software which attempted to inject into Chrome, causing it to crash.

It's actually a new feature in recent Chrome versions that report 3rd party applications as incompatible in the event of a crash. Future versions of Chrome will block injection completely.

okay, TY Marcos.